The Student Room Group

Finding it hard to pick.

I have to pick up an AS subject, but cant choose between the following -

Accounts
Anthropology (relatively new as level offered at my college)
History
ICT
Computing
Physics

Could you help me on which you think is relatively easy to do, in terms of workload and amount to memorise.

Thanks a bunch :smile:
Reply 1
I regretted not doing Physics - it is very useful for a lot of courses. I originally considered a degree in meteorology because it is one of my interests but it was not possible without Physics A level (It all worked out OK though and I'm studying Geography at a good university from Oct).

Choose the one you're most interested in...
Im interested in them all...
Reply 3
From what I've heard the harder ones on the list are History and Physics. That's not to say you shouldn't take them though.

What are your other A level choices? Do you know what you want to do at uni? Knowing this might help giving advice, if one of the subjects matches your other choices.
A little physics is always good for you.
Reply 5
How is it possible to hold an interest in "accounts" :confused:
Reply 6
History and Physics seem to be the two most respected, what do you want to do in life? Do you plan on going to uni, for which subject?
I want to study Dentistry, and im currently studying Chemistry and Biology so im sorted.

I just need to pick up an AS.

Is there any coursework with History?
Reply 8
Day&Night*

Is there any coursework with History?

If your school is doing Edexcel there is no coursework at AS.
Reply 9
I think there is coursework at A2, but not at AS. I would have thought for Dentistry that one of the more traditional, academic subjects would be more useful/look better on your application. I know a lot of people applying for Medicine/Dentistry that take History. It acts as a bit of a break from your sciences and is still well respected. Physics is also a strong choice, as it's a science. The others probably aren't so ideal, but if you really didn't want to do History/Physics then you still have the main neccessary subjects I think.

Latest