The Student Room Group

Help with picking gcse options!

Hello! I’m in year 9 and coming up to picking my options, in my school we have to pick either history or geography as one of our options.
I am stuck on which one to take and see myself as a very organised person so this is stressing me out quite a lot that I cannot figure out what one to pick.
I find history a lot harder than geography but find it more interesting and feel if I try my absolute best it will no longer feel very hard but in geography I find it a lot easier and usually have better scores in my tests etc.
Any help will be very helpful!
Original post by Edenmosedale
Hello! I’m in year 9 and coming up to picking my options, in my school we have to pick either history or geography as one of our options.
I am stuck on which one to take and see myself as a very organised person so this is stressing me out quite a lot that I cannot figure out what one to pick.
I find history a lot harder than geography but find it more interesting and feel if I try my absolute best it will no longer feel very hard but in geography I find it a lot easier and usually have better scores in my tests etc.
Why have you got to do one of them? There's no law that says this.
Original post by Muttley79

We have to pick either one that’s just how it works in my school.

We have to pick either one that’s just how it works in my school.They are tricking you into doing the Ebacc I would guess - that is of NO benefit to you.

I would look at the specifications to find out exactly what you are going to learn and the style of the exam papers.

Quick Reply

Latest