The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I thought exactly the same thing. I don't know anything about how highly it's regarded, but it's asking for fairly high grades, so it can't be complete crap. At least, that's how I interpreted it.
Reply 2
I thought exactly the same thing when i first heard about it, but it's actually comparing literature from different periods, languages etc...not actually English Literature. Plus, the course units that you can choose look really good.
Hey :smile: Ive been at Kent for almost a month now. I am taking the joint honours in English and American Literature with Comparative literary studies and its really interesting! The comparative lit st module Im taking is called "the tale" and we basically look at tales, from really old ones like Ovid Metamorphoses to modern ones such as Angela Carter. A lot of the texts are translated from other languages and this makes it interesting as you find out that many famous writers such as shakespeare actually derived their works from really really old stories! and they tell us to do our own work eh? ;-) Anyway it seems a lot of fun and combining it with english is good as I will have a more varied degree. Read up about it and good luck :-) Kent is an amazing university and Im having so much fun!
Reply 4
the golding translation of the metamorphoses is just magical.

Latest

Trending

Trending