The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gertius Maximus
Hi i've got an offer for medicine at liverpool (AAA), however the descision letter also says i need a B in AS general studies which i already got in year 12, i find this confusing why would they ask for something i already have? Also it asks for health check and reciept on CRB, when are these supposed to be done? Thanks for any help

You will need to tell them that your AS grade was certificated in year 12, so ring them up and they will tell you how to confirm that with them. In regards to the CRB and health check, they will contact you about that at the appropriate time, most likely after the A-Level results are released.
Reply 2261
Original post by laurencebaker1
Better late than never!!! Well done! Why the delay? :smile:

Ah yeah tell me about it. Thanks! Erm, well I actually got rejected back in March. However, completely out of the blue I then received an offer last Monday. Almost blew my ticker! I imagine that I got through on the waiting list or something along those lines.
Original post by sam_l
Ah yeah tell me about it. Thanks! Erm, well I actually got rejected back in March. However, completely out of the blue I then received an offer last Monday. Almost blew my ticker! I imagine that I got through on the waiting list or something along those lines.

Brilliant. :smile: Join the facebook group. Look bak a few pages to find the link!
Biology tomorrow. :frown: wish me luck. x

Did you do OCR? The paper destroyed my hopes of going to uni this year :frown:
Original post by planetconwy1

You will need to tell them that your AS grade was certificated in year 12, so ring them up and they will tell you how to confirm that with them. In regards to the CRB and health check, they will contact you about that at the appropriate time, most likely after the A-Level results are released.

ahhh thanks :smile:.. do you have any idea when i have to do this by?
Reply 2265
Brilliant. :smile: Join the facebook group. Look bak a few pages to find the link!

Joined them all thanks matey :smile:. Made it all seem much more real haha. Roll on August!

Have you got Chemistry Unit 4 on Wednesday like me?

ive got same exams as you! BY5 and chem 4 this week
what did you think of chem 5 last week
Original post by peace345

Ahh cool :smile: Erm we had CH4 last wednesday and CH5 this friday, I thought that CH4 was great! No much looking forward to CH5 this week though :/ Im glad at least my other A-Level is completely finished forever now though haha, flipping ICT lol.

What did you think? :smile:
Reply 2268
Original post by peace345

hey ive got chem 4 too on fri. good luck to all :biggrin: just cannot waitt for exams to be over!
Original post by sara009
hey ive got chem 4 too on fri. good luck to all :biggrin: just cannot waitt for exams to be over!

i know!!! cant wait to have my life backk
good luck to us all and lets hope we all get our well deserved place at med skoool :biggrin:
I was thinking before, do you think we need to buy a stethoscope, or will they give us one?
Reply 2271

I was thinking before, do you think we need to buy a stethoscope, or will they give us one?

I really do not think we need to buy a stethscope yet! Not in the first year anyway. I'm sure they'll let us know when to purchase things. I actually havent bought ANYTHING, dont want to jinx it :-) If August goes well then shopping here i come :-)

So to answer your question, dont worry about stethoscopes, i mean i dont think the first year consists of us examining patients anyway :smile: enjoy your summer
Original post by tia.may
I really do not think we need to buy a stethscope yet! Not in the first year anyway. I'm sure they'll let us know when to purchase things. I actually havent bought ANYTHING, dont want to jinx it :-) If August goes well then shopping here i come :-)

So to answer your question, dont worry about stethoscopes, i mean i dont think the first year consists of us examining patients anyway :smile: enjoy your summer

oh right ok :frown: I think I must have been disillusioned when they said "Early patient contact" :s-smilie:
Reply 2273

oh right ok :frown: I think I must have been disillusioned when they said "Early patient contact" :s-smilie:

I mean compared to other places it will be early cus traditional courses dont get patient contact till the third year but i very much doubt we will need it any time soon.

Obv you could go ahead and buy one but i'm just gonna wait till they say or i feel i need one. I think there is more important purchases, like books, clothes ect

BTW this is just what i think, i'm no expert, i'm in the same boat as you :-)
Original post by tia.may
I mean compared to other places it will be early cus traditional courses dont get patient contact till the third year but i very much doubt we will need it any time soon.

Obv you could go ahead and buy one but i'm just gonna wait till they say or i feel i need one. I think there is more important purchases, like books, clothes ect

BTW this is just what i think, i'm no expert, i'm in the same boat as you :-)

Im so excited for September! I already have two of the important books :rolleyes:

I wish they would hurry up and tell me which accommodation I am staying at!
Reply 2275

Im so excited for September! I already have two of the important books :rolleyes:

I wish they would hurry up and tell me which accommodation I am staying at!

OMG, i assume you already have your results :biggrin: i am very jelous!! hopefully i will be joining you too, i'm just gonna have to wait till the 18th of August to get excited!! :biggrin:

Do they send you a book list? Or have you just got some you think you need?
Original post by tia.may
OMG, i assume you already have your results :biggrin: i am very jelous!! hopefully i will be joining you too, i'm just gonna have to wait till the 18th of August to get excited!! :biggrin:

Do they send you a book list? Or have you just got some you think you need?

Oh no, I dont already have my results. I might be just a bit too confident lol :s-smilie:

I got the book list from the medical society website. I've got the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine and Principles of Anatomy and Physiology. The latter is really quite interesting, but most of it is beyond me haha.
Oh no, I dont already have my results. I might be just a bit too confident lol :s-smilie:

I got the book list from the medical society website. I've got the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine and Principles of Anatomy and Physiology. The latter is really quite interesting, but most of it is beyond me haha.

Sorry to disappoint but you usually get given a mini Oxford handbook by MPS when you sign up with them during freshers :\ At least you'll have the full version though. Also, you won't need that book at all until 2nd year. Tortora, which I presume is what you also have, is a good choice though!

Regarding stethoscopes: feel free to buy one in 1st year when, again, there are deals going on with BMA membership. You won't need it unless practising for OSCE but you will definitely need one by second year and usually, they don't offer deals afterwards.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sohanshah
Sorry to disappoint but you usually get given a mini Oxford handbook by MPS when you sign up with them during freshers :\ At least you'll have the full version though. Also, you won't need that book at all until 2nd year. Tortora, which I presume is what you also have, is a good choice though!

Regarding stethoscopes: feel free to buy one in 1st year when, again, there are deals going on with BMA membership. You won't need it unless practising for OSCE but you will definitely need one by second year and usually, they don't offer deals afterwards.

Ahh right ok. So are you a medical student?

Well at least I will have two copies then haha.
Ahh right ok. So are you a medical student?

Well at least I will have two copies then haha.

Yep I'll be going into 3rd year in August.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending