The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by daf1
Thanks for advice. I thought Liverpool do accept Crit Thinking as 4th subject (based on reading Student Room A level requirements info?)
Remark didnt change anything so will resit one or both papers. Do you think Liverpool will consider application the ngiven b in Crit Thinknig and History AS resits showing as pending when application goes in?

My bad they do accept crit thinking! I would still resit history though as a B in history looks much better than a B in crit think. What did you get in the two history papers? Yeah Liverpool will consider you with a pending as level History mark, good luck anyway and feel free to pm/quote me for any more help!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2341
Many thanks

In the two History papers I got 68 and 70% (high C and low B. Average was 1% off B overall or 2 marks. I agree it looks a better subject than Crit Thinking
I think I will resit one or even both papers to make it a B overall. My worry is how this might look on the UCAS form.
Stilll really annoyed with the History as I had bee nperforming at A grade level all year.
Reply 2342
Just wondering is there any muslim girls looking for accomodation still who want to do flat share?
Reply 2343
Original post by Namdeep
have ANY resitters heard from lpool yet?! does anyone know if most of the interviews have already been given out?

Hi, thinking of retaking and applying this year. Did you get interview or offer and do you know anyone else who retook and got anything? what kinda stuff did you do over the gap year and did you reflect on having to resit /
Original post by daf1
Hi
I am new to this thread and thinking of applying to Liverpool but worried with As results.
In short my academics are 8A*, 3As at GCSE and at AS, Biol A (97%), Chem A (94%), Maths A (85%), History C (69%) and Crit Thinking B (74%).
Problem is if they are rigid on AAAb offer as I dont think Crit Thinking is allowed as a fourth subject?
Does anyone have any comments/advice please?

You don't meet the minimum requirements, so stand to get a rejection.
Original post by daf1
Hi
I am new to this thread and thinking of applying to Liverpool but worried with As results.
In short my academics are 8A*, 3As at GCSE and at AS, Biol A (97%), Chem A (94%), Maths A (85%), History C (69%) and Crit Thinking B (74%).
Problem is if they are rigid on AAAb offer as I dont think Crit Thinking is allowed as a fourth subject?
Does anyone have any comments/advice please?

Ignore the post above, you will be fine, and they do accept Critical Thinking.
Reply 2346
Can not wait to start :biggrin: YYYIIIPPPPIIEEEEE
Reply 2347
Original post by TheFirstMohican
You don't meet the minimum requirements, so stand to get a rejection.

Which part of the requirements doesnt it meet? Silly billy :rolleyes:
Reply 2348
Hello everyone, hope you all doing well. I'll like to know what correspondence you have received from the medical school after meeting your offer.
I have only received:

medical declaration form
CRB form
e-mail for online registration

Am I missing anything? Thank you all very much in advance. God bless xx
Original post by shushu
Hello everyone, hope you all doing well. I'll like to know what correspondence you have received from the medical school after meeting your offer.
I have only received:

medical declaration form
CRB form
e-mail for online registration

Am I missing anything? Thank you all very much in advance. God bless xx

Thats all I've had.

Im a bit annoyed actually i was expecting at least some sort of welcome pack, I will be a bit annoyed if they just give us the online version.
see uze allll in 2 weeksssssssss...fresherssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :wink:
Reply 2351
Original post by planetconwy1

Thats all I've had.

Im a bit annoyed actually i was expecting at least some sort of welcome pack, I will be a bit annoyed if they just give us the online version.

www.liv.ac.uk/study/undergrad...ucation_lo.pdf

This is a link of a document I found on the university website.
to be honest i though this is the sort of information they should be sending us or notifying us about, especially when it contains all these important dates.
Oh well, i am sure they know best.
see u all very soon :smile: xx
Reply 2352
there is a facebook page for 2011 liverpool medics. thanks. here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/groups/222405721112011/?id=265219050164011&notif_t=group_activity
Original post by shushu
there is a facebook page for 2011 liverpool medics. thanks. here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/groups/222405721112011/?id=265219050164011&notif_t=group_activity

Yeah but there is also a Facebook page which is 10000000% better.

www.facebook.com/liverpoolmedics
Reply 2354
Yeah but there is also a Facebook page which is 10000000% better.

www.facebook.com/liverpoolmedics

thank you very much. nice one :smile:
Reply 2355
What gcse points did you and around what time did you have your interiew?
Reply 2356
Original post by funtimes5
just got an interview from liverpool , im a resitter (comeback kid WIN!)

Hey im thinking of applying as a resit student this year. How did you reflect in your ps about resitting e.t.c?
and how many sentences did you use for it?
Reply 2357
Original post by Bradford92
Exactly the same grades as me, but i haven't heard anything as of yet... still holding out hope as its my 1st choice!

Hey were you a resit applicant last year? i'm thinking of applying this year as a resit applicant and was wondering what it was like for you? and how did you reflect on why you had to retake e.t.c
Does liverpool assess resit applicants differently to others and do they give out interviews last or something>
Hey guys, could anyone tell me when did they start sending out interviews to EU applicants last year?

Thanks ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending