The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
ffs

oh noes a rejection - I haven't heard anything for TWO days :rofl:
Reply 381
No they don't look at AS grades. Just GCSE, A2 predictions, PS and reference. They base interviews on that.
Reply 382
I don't think they look at AS grades because my school doesn't even let us put them on our applications (they took full advantage of the fact that the rules say you don't have to - this is changing next year however) and I have an interview so if your AS grades aren't brilliant but your predicted grades are then I bet you'll be fine! :smile:

But then again, I also don't know what to do about bringing confirmation about my AS along in certificates because I don't have any! :O
Original post by Harritd
I don't think they look at AS grades because my school doesn't even let us put them on our applications (they took full advantage of the fact that the rules say you don't have to - this is changing next year however) and I have an interview so if your AS grades aren't brilliant but your predicted grades are then I bet you'll be fine! :smile:

But then again, I also don't know what to do about bringing confirmation about my AS along in certificates because I don't have any! :O

I don't think anyone gets AS certificates so I would not worry. But, I was thinking maybe take those printed pieces of paper that the school gives us with the module results?
I've given up on checking my email... I sent my application 5 weeks ago :s-smilie:
Reply 385
I got an interview all!!!!! :biggrin: i was so happy, but i am poo at interviews so i am no competition :frown:
Reply 386
Original post by Chinns
err... Newcastle Sheffield and Imperial (which i highly doubt ill be going to after the BMAT disaster :frown:)

OT: anyone else do BMAT and find it awful :confused:

I found section 2 of the BMAT ridiculous. I got 5.7 in a practice before but i highly doubt i will get even 2.5 in this one :'( so frustrating.
Original post by superG123
I found section 2 of the BMAT ridiculous. I got 5.7 in a practice before but i highly doubt i will get even 2.5 in this one :'( so frustrating.

I found section 1 n 2 awful meaning....goodbye to Imperial n nw liverpool :s-smilie:
I got an interview all!!!!! :biggrin: i was so happy, but i am poo at interviews so i am no competition :frown:

CONGRATSSS :wink: When did you receive the email
Reply 389
Original post by you-belong-with-me
I found section 1 n 2 awful meaning....goodbye to Imperial n nw liverpool :s-smilie:

Why now Liverpool? and if everyone found the paper difficult then the relative scoring will change :smile:
Reply 390
CONGRATSSS :wink: When did you receive the email

Um thursday? :biggrin: i was so pleased, but i need to prep i literally have no idea how to answer anything! :/
Why now Liverpool? and if everyone found the paper difficult then the relative scoring will change :smile:

lol yhhh im hoping the BMAT scores will be really low but i guessed like half of s1 and 1/4 of s2 and everyone seems to have gotten an interview at liverpool except me...
Reply 392
lol yhhh im hoping the BMAT scores will be really low but i guessed like half of s1 and 1/4 of s2 and everyone seems to have gotten an interview at liverpool except me...

There's no disadvantage when you get you're interview :smile: i think it's kind of bad i got mine early! Liverpool especially don't make ANY decisions till the end of the interview cycle said so in my email :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
There's no disadvantage when you get you're interview :smile: i think it's kind of bad i got mine early! Liverpool especially don't make ANY decisions till the end of the interview cycle said so in my email :smile:

ohh yh so you'll have to wait for longer to geet a reply...
Reply 394
'No decisions will be made until the end of the interview cycle in march' :smile: so chill, i hope you get an interview and get in :smile:
'No decisions will be made until the end of the interview cycle in march' :smile: so chill, i hope you get an interview and get in :smile:

thanks...when's your interview?
Reply 396
thanks...when's your interview?

24th :frown: SCARY TIMES.
Original post by AHungryCaterpillar
I'm not worried yet. It's the second day from giving out interviews it seems and they can continue for a while so not going to waste time getting worked up.

This.

Why are people getting so worked up about it already? How are these people going to cope as doctors...
24th :frown: SCARY TIMES.

gdluck :wink: where else du apply?
Original post by TheKnowledge
This.

Why are people getting so worked up about it already? How are these people going to cope as doctors...

well maybe people are getting 'worked up' because gettin into medicine means aaaaalot to them and the thought of not getting accepted is just terrifying!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending