The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Offerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :d :d :d
Original post by yellehs
Hello! I have also had an offer and have just made it my firm chioce!
I am soooo excited and can't wait to start x

I cant wait either :biggrin: Roll on September :biggrin:
you from near liverpool? x
what time did everyone with offers receive their track update?
6.50 :biggrin:
You guys need to start a facebook froup; most other schools have done so. Good luck to all those with offers im psyched for you!
Original post by tina2010
Did your track just updated now?

doubt it, they probably just happend to find out now
Hey people with ofers, do you think its a good idea to make a facebook group or something so we can all get to know each other better? :smile:

And also, people who haven't heard yet, don't worry, Liverpool's responses appear to be incredibly sporadic and random, so don't stress =)

xx
For all those still waiting for offers, I thought you might like to be reminded how they give out offers:
From the Admissions Policy:
Each interviewer independently scores the candidate in each domain and an overall score is generated for each applicant.
For A100, it is usual that unless issues of concern have been raised that the interview scores are ranked and the top scoring applicants are made an offer. In making borderline decisions it may be necessary to make offers based on the combination of both academic achievement/potential and on the interview score of the applicant.

Good Luck everyone! :biggrin:

http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applying/School_of_Medical_Ed.pdf
I did not think my ethics question went well. But I got one of the first offers so there is hope yet for people worrying about ethics :smile:
Original post by Medpotter
I did not think my ethics question went well. But I got one of the first offers so there is hope yet for people worrying about ethics :smile:

Same i basically made up my ethics answer and i still got an offer, so i wouldnt worry too much :smile:
Reply 1590
I have an offer tooo :biggrin: Good luck to everyone else who has had interviews, I bet you're all so deserving!

I was wondering if anyone has any statistics from last year? A lot of people seem to be getting offers and there's only about 200 places? What if the majority of us get the 3 A's, what happens then?
Reply 1591
Original post by hyoung647
I cant wait either :biggrin: Roll on September :biggrin:
you from near liverpool? x

Hey! No, I live miles away! You?
Is liverpool your firm? If so *Hi5* :smile:
We should deffo have a facebook group....
Reply 1592

For those who are still waiting to hear from Liverpool,

I just called up the admissions office and got confirmation that the offers/rejections are still being handed out and will continue until the end of March (the bulk of it has yet to come). Also, the lady said that they are not waiting on just one single day to handout all the rejections but will be handing them out until the end of the month together with the offers.

Also, enquired whether its being sent in any specific order and she said no and is completely random (offers and rejections). (So does not matter on which month you had your interviews)

SO those who are still waiting, hope this gives you a clear perspective of the proces and a glimmer of hope.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by A.Jitto

I just called up the admissions office and got confirmation that the offers/rejections are still being handed out and will continue until the end of March (the bulk of it has yet to come). Also, the lady said that they are not waiting on just one single day to handout all the rejections but will be handing them out until the end of the month together with the offers.

Also, enquired whether its being sent in any specific order and she said no and is completely random (offers and rejections). (So does not matter on which month you had your interviews)

SO those who are still waiting, hope this gives you a clear perspective of the proces and a glimmer of hope.

Thanks for sharing the info. It has eased my considerably strained nerves! The wait is killing me.
Original post by A.Jitto

Yep, thank you for that information :smile: It has kind of eased my nerves..
Reply 1595
No probs guys, lets just hope for the best.
So scared :'(
those who have got offers, are you guys home or international applicants?

the waiting is just too much :frown:
Original post by voguita00

Original post by voguita00
those who have got offers, are you guys home or international applicants?

the waiting is just too much :frown:

Think most are home :P
Is there a fb group for 2011 Liverpool Medicine? .. or should I / someone make one?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending