The Student Room Group

The "Are my grades good enough for Maths..." Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BobbiBlue
I would like to study maths at uni and I'm currently taking AS levels in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. I scored highly in my maths exams 90%+ but I'm struggling with physics. Let's say I get a bad grade in physics and drop it, will I be at a disadvantage?

No it won't have a huge effect at all. I did maths, further maths, chemistry and Dt at AS, dropped dt and still got all my offers for maths.
Original post by Panda101
I got 4A's 3A*s 2Bs and a low B in maths
Do u think I can peruse medicine ?

I've gotten accepted into the subject I want to do for a levels (bio Chem and psychology)

Probably but you won't get the best answers in the maths thread.
I got 5A* 2A. I am also taking 2 more IGCSEs. So my final grades should be 7A* 2A. I am considering the following universities

- Cambridge
- Imperial College
- Warwick
- St. Andrews
- Durham

I'm an international
(edited 6 years ago)
GCSEs: A* (Maths), AAAABBBB
AS: AA (Maths, Further Maths)
Predicted A2: A*AA (Maths, Further Maths, Psychology)

Applied for Nottingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds and Liverpool (Liverpool is my insurance offer.... I don’t want to go there!)
wow! i thought minimum entry requirements for cambridge maths were A*A*A, my hopes have gone up a bit now haha
Original post by imundercover

Applied for Nottingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds and Liverpool (Liverpool is my insurance offer.... I don’t want to go there!)

Think youre in a good position with these grades!
Reply 1226
Original post by imundercover

I've been lurking in this thread for a few years but had to chip in haha. I eventually rejected all my offers (long story) but Manchester was my top choice for maths. I got my offer with equivalent predictions as you. I felt the same about Liverpool, when I went on the open day the talk was in some weird dusty cellar with sellotaped signs so I just thought - is this department funded at all?! I also applied for Sheffield and they had this weird 'already got an offer but come for an interview' interview where the lecturer was quite rude to me about my A level choices. Weird day.
Subjects: Maths, FM, Chemistry
Predicted: A*A*A*
GCSEs: 98888777A6 (9 in maths, 8888 in triple science and french)
Applying to:Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol
Original post by harry0505
Applying to:Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol

Have you got any offers yet? I'm curious
I'm applying next year
Original post by NeonGlue
Have you got any offers yet? I'm curious

Quick Reply

Latest