The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Broken Social Gene
I would like to use my first post on this forum to declare the OP an idiot.

You've done well.
Reply 21
attiegina
Oh I knew that none of you would accept the truth.

Just go back to your ******* council houses and smoke yourselves silly.

I don't accept this.

I don't live in a council house. I live in a nice, three-bedroom cottage in a nice village in Cumbria under Rory the Tory.

And I don't smoke... :wink:
Reply 22
attiegina
To make way for lazy, poor people who don't provide for their children? This comprises discrimination in the form of university places where a dumbo with DDE at A-level will get an Oxbridge place as long as he's getting EMA.

Welcome to Britain under the ConDems.

1) Cant tax the rich because they have too much influence, cant tax the poor because its like digging for water in the sahara. therefore who are the only people left?

2) How many people do you know who have got DDE and got to Oxbridge?

3) ConDems was funny the first 500 times but its extremely worn out so please stop using it.
Reply 23
attiegina
To make way for lazy, poor people who don't provide for their children? This comprises discrimination in the form of university places where a dumbo with DDE at A-level will get an Oxbridge place as long as he's getting EMA.

In before class war breaks out! :h:

But I know! It's not the ConDems, it's labour and the left wing human rights policies. I hate the type of people you mentioned, it really isn't fair. They descriminate against the upper classes as well. It seems as if the last government pandered to the chavs, unfortunately.
Reply 24
because its not the fault of someone with a household income of under 18k that they dont have access to many Upper Middle Class luxuries

and it makes economic sense to reduce poverty gap in the long term
Reply 25
because its not the fault of someone with a household income of under 18k that they dont have access to many Upper Middle Class luxuries

Reply 26
Fragile_Illusions
I know! It's really apparent that the Tories discriminate against the middle classes and are increasing the ammount of places in top Universities for those who've practically failed A-Level.

I would say the top 30 unis can be comfortabley said to be "top unis". As far as I am aware, non bar maybe Aberdeen, will accept grades lower then BBB for the majority of their courses.

Nuff said.

:yawn: go annoy people who give a ****
attiegina

I agree with the title and the first sentence, but you are an idiot.

1) DDE is a stupid exaggeration. EMA sucks yes, but thats nothing to do with it. University institution =/= the government. You make no sense.

2) Labour are the problem with eroding the middle class. Most middle class people are tories....

I seriously feel like calling troll, because thats the impression your thread gives.
attiegina

Lazy Poor people?

Tell that to my Mother who has Osteoporosis, Anaemia, and Discitis.

The fact that I got EMA is irrelevant, my University place is a result of my academic rigour, nothing else. No one gave me a boost up the ladder.

It's not discrimination against the middle class, it's an attempt at giving everyone equal opportunities.

Open your eyes.
Reply 30
Yeah, god those poor people, being poor and struggling to get by in life, not having the priviledge I was born with, it makes me sick. Why weren't they just born into a middle-class family like I was?
i opened this thread, hoping for a well informed post, but when i read the first one, i realise i made a big mistake.
joshphillips999
DDE is a stupid exaggeration. EMA sucks yes, but thats nothing to do with it. University institution =/= the government. You make no sense.

Why does EMA suck? Is it because you don't get it?
I know quite a few people who need their EMA for bus fare or food money and to pay for college supplies...
Before you ask, I don't receive EMA....
Reply 33
I wasn't going to rise to this but I will.

You think lazy and poor are synonymous? I'd like you to tell my dad that he's lazy when he plasters for 6 hours 5 days a week to provide for his family, despite having suffered a slipped disk many times. He'd destroy you.
Reply 34
James10000

But a lot of those peole don't help themselves.
SatanIsAwesome
I know quite a few people who need their EMA for bus fare or food money and to pay for college supplies...

Yeah, this. I think it's unfair to deny kids the right to go to university simply through merit of having been born to financially less well off families. There may be a case for lessening benefits to poorer adults (which I don't have an opinion on), but extending this to their kids is pretty harsh.
Reply 36
.Ali.
But a lot of those peole don't help themselves.

So those who do ought to suffer? Nice logic there.
Reply 37
Komakino
So those who do ought to suffer? Nice logic there.

Never said that. I just said a lot of the so calle "unfortunate" do nothing to help themselves, and steal money off of the taxpayer to fund their pathetic excuse for a lifestyle.
Reply 38
.Ali.
Never said that. I just said a lot of the so calle "unfortunate" do nothing to help themselves, and steal money off of the taxpayer to fund their pathetic excuse for a lifestyle.

I think that's a disingenous generalization. However, I'm all for imposing conditions on the benefits available. But reducing the amount available is immoral.
SatanIsAwesome

I'm not even in the age group to get it :teehee:

The vast majority of people don't use their EMA properly. At my school most people just save it up and spend it on alcohol. Improving their education? More like destroying it.

Latest

Trending

Trending