The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TheMeister

I really don't understand why they came to Manchester recently canvassing for this :lolwut:

Someone told me that the Manchester Leadership Programme people, who are part of the University, are doing the shortlisting due they've won awards for their student volunteering programme.
Reply 21
I AM!! I applied today :h:
Drewski
Old Trafford will be an Olympic venue for the football competition.

I did not know this :p:
Reply 23
I am - want to see what they'll offer me. I'm not working at McDonalds for free, but if it's something that looks interesting, memorable and good on the CV then I will do it.
Reply 24
Nope, I don't work for others for free.
Reply 25
Yeah I just did it I'd love to help out plus I live in London so might aswell!
Reply 26
TheMeister
I did not know this :p:

Not quite so odd now, eh? :p:
I want to, but will not be 18 by January 1st. Sucks as I will be 18 by June of that year...so why does it matter?
Reply 28
If I liked the idea of the Olympics being in London I'd apply, but I don't so :dontknow:
Reply 29
TotalLifeForever
I want to, but will not be 18 by January 1st. Sucks as I will be 18 by June of that year...so why does it matter?

You can still volunteer.
Sakujo
You can still volunteer.

How? It says you have to be 18 by January 2012.
Reply 31
I don't really see the point in it besides getting something on your CV and I doubt standing around pointing Japanese people towards Stratford is going to be the difference between getting a graduate job and not getting one.
I might do :holmes:
OrmondDrone
Nope. I'm not from London and it would cost me money to do it.

I agree
Reply 34
TotalLifeForever
How? It says you have to be 18 by January 2012.

There's an under 18 version as well.
Reply 35
I'd love to, it would be quite an experience! Olympics is during summer holidays, right?
On the other hand, it would be handy with a summer job.. hmm.
Reply 36
I would love to, especially as I could probably get a pretty decent post, but I can't commit to anything that far in advance - I don't know what job I'll have or where I'll be working, and they're unlikely to be happy with me asking for time off so far in advance!
(edited 13 years ago)
Applied as a first aider. Would be fun.
I am! Just finishing the application now :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I applied earlier. Don't have any specific experience or qualifications that would be of great use for most of the positions though.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending