The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

The Expendables 3 - 6.5/10
The Cabin In The Woods! I love that film so much.

9/10
Reply 5982
Matrix Revolution 3/10

Should never have watched Matrix Reloaded + revolution tbh, just don't match up to the original Matrix.
Its been some time since I posted here:

Rosemarys Baby:
9/10.
Incredibly good film, I enjoyed it so much.

Guardians Of The Galaxy:
6/10. Even as a HUGE Marvel fan, I didn't like this :frown:

Nebraska:
3/10.
Woah, incredibly dull, I watched the B&W version.
Ai no uzu (Love's Whirlpool) - 7/10
Original post by DebkoX

Nebraska:
3/10.
Woah, incredibly dull, I watched the B&W version.

Fantastic, intelligent, funny, and touching film, you philistine. And it only comes in black and white, idiot.
No i
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Fantastic, intelligent, funny, and touching film, you philistine. And it only comes in black and white, idiot.

Erm no it doesn't. On the Sky menu there's a colour option. And it was released in colour at some stage.
Who is the 'idiot' now?
Worlds greatest dad - 6.5/10

The Green Mile - 7.5/10

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10
Original post by DebkoX
No iErm no it doesn't. On the Sky menu there's a colour option.

Select it and look what happens.

Original post by DebkoX
And it was released in colour at some stage.

No. http://thedissolve.com/news/972-theres-a-color-version-of-nebraska-alexander-payne/

Original post by DebkoX
Who is the 'idiot' now?

You.
Reply 5989
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 9/10

Girl, Interrupted - 8.5/10

Both great but prefer the 1st slightly more
(edited 9 years ago)
Law Abiding Citizen - 7/10
Monsters 6.5/10
The Town - 7/10

Jaws - 8/10
Chef

Sweet Sunday afternoon movie. I enjoyed this. 7/10 would recommend
The Inbetweeners 2 - 4/10. A poor decision to make it in all honesty. The first film was a great way to end the TV series. It translated to the big screen surprisingly well, they all came of age and their characters arced well. Now, the second film has kind of undone that effort. We've found out things we didn't necessarily need to. What's the point in making Lucy a nightmare? That was the whole point of Carly - and Simon found a way to forget about her and move on. Likewise, Jane offered Jay the chance at happiness in the first film but that was undone again, too.

It was more crude, more outlandish and more cringe-worthy than the first. It had a few laughs (Will's anti-gap year rant being the best) but it was needless in truth. They'll probably make a third now. But, I've stopped caring. They should have left it after the first film. Oh well!
Network (1976) 8/10
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Fantastic, intelligent, funny, and touching film, you philistine.

Completely agree. I was blown away by Nebraska. Really touching.
the last film i watched... hmm..
(on a sidenote; is there anyone here who can help with calculations of A* grades and As in both AS & A2? + does anyone speak several languages? need help with them and with accents.. please? i don't understand TSR or how to create threads or how to create the 'spoiler' button; so if there are any in my posts.. im sorry :frown:

the last film i saw tho; was Xmen (days of future past? unsure of name :s-smilie:)

anyways i'd rate it a 9.5/10; with the reasons:
the action was good;
powers.. lordd have mercy - amazingly good (especially teleportation: orgasmingly good my brother..)

downsides:
did they have to really make the sentinels that overpowered? -_- at some point i was sat there wishing i had powers to help them.. some grim times uno
Original post by Mackay
Nebraska - 6/10. The use of black-and-white is mesmerizing but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I might. The Descendants is an infinitely better film from Payne. Whilst Dern is amazing in his role and I'm not surprised it has picked up a few nominations at the Academy Awards, I just didn't get the film really. It's good and moving in places, but nowhere near the calibre of some of the other best films of 2013/14. Maybe it's because I'm a cold-hearted bastard, though.

Have to disagree with my initial judgement having seen the film for a second time.

Dern is amazing in the role, and while I think The Descendants is a finer piece of work, I think that Nebraska was a really touching and emotive piece at times. The story is really well told and crafted, the use of black-and-white is brilliant and authentic and grainy, too. Some of the dialogue is really funny and poignant, too.

Quick Reply

Latest