The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Death becomes Her. V funny film of the 90s..loved the dark humour and the early CGi..

Two nights stand..5/10!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Fruitvale Station. Fantastic movie, haven't had my emotions stirred that much by a movie probably ever. You can tell it's a low budget movie but at the same time it was directed greatly and everyone gave a fantastic performance :clap2:
Sleepless in Seattle - 5/10
Captain America: Civil War- 7/10

(A few weeks late to the party, I know)

Good, but not one of Marvel's best despite the hype. A disappointing year for superheros fighting other superheros so far.

Spidey was really well done though.

The big thing that annoys me is that at no point do any major characters feel in danger. So many shots showing punches into the wall or bullets being caught, Scarlett Witch literally saying "you're pulling your punches", they couldn't even be brave enough to kill off Rhodes after dropping him out of the sky- and he's a boring as hell side character. Then they end it with a 45 second summary of Cap breaking into the underwater supermax prison and rescuing his friends with no buildup or explanation beyond the implied "he's Captain America, he can do difficult stuff", which was just lazy as hell and completely undermined the significance of the sacrifice of getting caught in the first place.

For the love of god movie execs, grow some balls.
(edited 7 years ago)
Xmen: Apocalypse - 7/10

Days of Future Past is probably my favourite Xmen movie to date, and definitely one of my favourite comic book movies to date, therefore this film was always going to struggle to live up to to DoFP.

From the trailers i had expected a CGI crapfest but thankfully it wasn't all that. There were certainly some shady CGI shots but as a whole, it was fine.

I think this film might struggle at the box office though, especially coming out so soon after Civil War.

Spoiler

I watched North by Northwest for the first time last night and wow, it was a hell of a film! Twists and turns at every corner, definitely up there with the best films I've seen! Such a well written piece of drama, and the dialogue is razor sharp throughout. Highly recommended!

I've struggled before with the pacing of Hitchcock's films, I found Rear Window dreadfully boring, but this felt good, despite a slow middle section.
Goodfellas - 8.5/10
Gods of Egypt - 6/10
The Great Gatsby
The Revenant - 8.5 / 10. Brilliant film except for the one scene where he is revealed as a skinny binny to the point that it's highly unrealistic he would have taken that battering and survived.
X-Men: The apocalypse.

The 3D-Animation was awesome, the entertainment as well, funny in part and the main villain, apocalypse, had a good performance. Quite good realisation of a Marvel Comic. Without to spoiler the storyline, I recommend this film for fans of X-Men.

All in all 7.5/10
The Voices - 6/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aliens 7.5/10
The Loved Ones - 9/10

Best low budget horror I've seen in a while. Reminded me a lot of Misery. Kinda felt like I was watching Annie Wilkes as a teenager :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X-men: Apocalypse 11/10

This movie exceeded ALL my expectations, this is my favourite X-men movie.

The resurrection sequence in the opening scene sold the whole movie for me. I love ancient Egypt mythology so that scene was a massive A***** for me.
Forrest Gump - 8.5/10
The Hand That Rocks the Cradle - 9/10
Chocolat 🍫🍩🍪 8/10
Really nice to see a feel good movie - with my fav food group chocolate!!
Lots of famous faces 🤗

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Damned United .. 9/10
Manhattan Night -7/10

Quick Reply

Latest