The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hsparkle

Yeahhh, that was me! Crikey! How come you heard so early?
How'd you think your Cardiff interview went?
Ooo and how was the Leicester one!! What was the essay like?!

I have no idea! I have no idea about Cardiff, it was going swimmingly until they asked something in particular and I literally froze. :o: So I reckon I may have screwed that up... I loved Cardiff though, everyone was so friendly! How did you find it?

Leicester on the other hand went well I think (hope)! One of my interviewers was a med student who was just sooo nice, so he made me feel really relaxed. The essay wasn't bad either, I was dreading it but it turned out to be a very basic ethical scenario. :smile:
Reply 981
Original post by Carpet21
I have no idea! I have no idea about Cardiff, it was going swimmingly until they asked something in particular and I literally froze. :o: So I reckon I may have screwed that up... I loved Cardiff though, everyone was so friendly! How did you find it?

Leicester on the other hand went well I think (hope)! One of my interviewers was a med student who was just sooo nice, so he made me feel really relaxed. The essay wasn't bad either, I was dreading it but it turned out to be a very basic ethical scenario. :smile:

Yeah, I absolutely loved Cardiff too! I actually think the interview went quite well (SO much better than the one at BSMS, which I seriously thought i had mucked up!) so we shall see!

The choice is going to be hard! They are all so nice!!
Reply 982
just got an unconditional today :biggrin:!

omg i'm shaking with joy !!!!!
Original post by Kandie
just got an unconditional today :biggrin:!

omg i'm shaking with joy !!!!!

:biggrin: NICE :five:
Reply 984
I'm still holding the flag for those who are waiting for a reply after their interview. Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!:lolwut:
Reply 985
Anyone know if BSMS has an offer day? I'd really like to look around again!
Reply 986
Had my interview yesterday - how long do bsms tend to take to get back to people? :smile:
Original post by annarbee
Had my interview yesterday - how long do bsms tend to take to get back to people? :smile:

You'll find out by end of March I'd bet.
Reply 988

From reading what other people have written it seems like it'll be up to 3-4 weeks before they get back to you after your interview.
Reply 989

About 22 days lol
Good luck!!!!!!!! How do you think it went?
Reply 990
About 22 days lol
Good luck!!!!!!!! How do you think it went?

Very precise haha!
Thank youu, I think it went okay but it's hard to tell....I'll just have to wait and see but feel it could go either way really...
Congrats on your offer :smile:
Reply 991
Very precise haha!
Thank youu, I think it went okay but it's hard to tell....I'll just have to wait and see but feel it could go either way really...
Congrats on your offer :smile:

Aha, yeahh... Prob be less than that though as they have finished interviewing now havn't they? I received my offer letter today.. but there was nothing on offer days or accomodation! So disappointed!

I felt like that too... I honestly didn't expect to get a place as I never felt I got a chance to 'show who I am' etc.. but it's hard to know what they are looking for!

Good luck :biggrin: I hope you get a place!
Aha, yeahh... Prob be less than that though as they have finished interviewing now havn't they? I received my offer letter today.. but there was nothing on offer days or accomodation! So disappointed!

There are no post offer open days, but it's an open campus, so there's nothing to stop you just wandering around :P

You won't hear about accomm for ages either, I can't remember exactly, but I think it's sometime around may/june. I remember doing to forms for it much later than my friends who are now at other unis. Medics are guaranteed accomm anyway :smile:

Well done on your offer.
Reply 993
Original post by Persephone9
There are no post offer open days, but it's an open campus, so there's nothing to stop you just wandering around :P

You won't hear about accomm for ages either, I can't remember exactly, but I think it's sometime around may/june. I remember doing to forms for it much later than my friends who are now at other unis. Medics are guaranteed accomm anyway :smile:

Well done on your offer.

So I can just look around myself? Or should I email them and ask to look at the dissection and clinical rooms? What do you think of BSMS?
I think I'd live in Paddocks anyway actually, seemed so nice! :smile:
So I can just look around myself? Or should I email them and ask to look at the dissection and clinical rooms? What do you think of BSMS?
I think I'd live in Paddocks anyway actually, seemed so nice! :smile:

I love BSMS, and Brighton in general. You can look around the Sussex campus on your own, and the Brighton campus too if you wanted (although there isn't tons to see there; the clinical rooms are mostly empty when they're not being used).

In terms of looking round the med school, there isn't a huge amount to see, aside from the dissection room. The rest is just a pc lab, giant lecture theater and seminar rooms, but if you email them you might be able to get someone to show you round (and will stop you walking into the lecture theater when there's a lecture on, which is embarrassing). Not entirely sure they will let you in the dissection room, but doesn't hurt to ask :smile: (Sussex library, btw, is also key carded, so you'd need to email someone about getting let in there if you wanted to look round).

If I was coming down to Brighton for a day though, I'd probably spend minimal time on the campuses (which are small) and go into the city centre. The north lanes are awesome :smile:
ny1 ho had their interview on 10th feb heard yet?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 996
I had mine on the 16th and haven't heard yet. It's been nearly a month for you so presumably you'll hear extremely soon...
Reply 997
Hey guys! Congrats to all of those who have got their offers from BSMS, and good luck to all those who are still waiting! :smile:

I recieved a letter through the post today about accomodation.. which i am totally confused about! Anyone have any idea about their accomodation?
Original post by siim
Hey guys! Congrats to all of those who have got their offers from BSMS, and good luck to all those who are still waiting! :smile:

I recieved a letter through the post today about accomodation.. which i am totally confused about! Anyone have any idea about their accomodation?

same here i don't know where to pick i was thinking one of the places on sussex's campus or one of the two brighton falmer halls

this descision is one im going to take a while on i really don't have much of an idea where to go :confused:
Reply 999
Original post by siim

Yeahh.. I got that too. It was really confusing! I have no idea which halls I'd go to. Altho on my interview we got shown the Paddocks, so I'm slightly leaning that way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending