The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2nd year and only very occasionally.

I'm what they call a binge drinker, I go out say once or twice a month and get drunk. Though not to the point of puking, just enough to embarrass myself :biggrin:
Ha, you wait for ages then two uni/drinking threads pop up at once. :wink:

I'm a 3rd year finalist and drink maybe once every three months. As a fresher I was drinking every week and even had the customary experience of arriving at a lecture mildly drunk.

Now smoking on the other hand..... :rolleyes:
yourjoyismylow
Just out of interest, how often and how much do you drink at uni?
Are you a first year, second year, finalist, post grad? Did you drink more in year 1/2/3, etc?

PG. Drank maybe a glass of wine every month during my undergrad years, but after attending all the dinners & bops for the past 1 year: term 1- started binge drinking; term 2- continued with binge drinking; term 3- limited myself to 2/3 glasses on the outings. And now is an average of maybe 2 glasses per week & only if I meet up with friends at pubs or something.
Reply 4
black_mamba
Now smoking on the other hand..... :rolleyes:

Haha cigs or other stuff?

My proudest moment was drinking an entire bottle of JD (I don't know HOW) then realising "Oh sh*T i gort an exshham in *stares intentley at watch...covers one eye* 20 minutesh"
so i get to college, stinking like a tramp as everybody notices. And take the exam on my worst subject contextual studies, aka history, economics, foreign politics etc. With no revision may I add.

I only got an A somehow hahahaha!
The Fluff

Both! :smile:

My proudest moment was drinking an entire bottle of JD (I don't know HOW) then realising "Oh sh*T i gort an exshham in *stares intentley at watch...covers one eye* 20 minutesh"
so i get to college, stinking like a tramp as everybody notices. And take the exam on my worst subject contextual studies, aka history, economics, foreign politics etc. With no revision may I add.

Shhh! Your encouraging people. :p:
Reply 6
I'm not judging anybody. I just want to understand better.

why is it that people list drinking as a hobby ?

why is it that everyone feels compelled to go out and get drunk ?
Reply 7
I don't list drinking as a hobby. But it is fun to go out and get drunk, everything is SOOOO much funnier then. And even if your cringing the next day everybody forgets about it.
Alcohol lets you act a little more like yourself(though maybe a bit more flamboyantly hahaha), which people are obviously finding it hard to having just moved and started university.

But i know plenty of people who don't drink that are jut as popular as their peers.
Reply 8
black_mamba
Shhh! Your encouraging people. :p:

Haha no I'm merely educating others HAHAH
Reply 9
i understand ur point. Drink does make things a lot funner for a lot of people. I enjoy drink.

I just don't understand some people who don't like drink or maybe even smoking, but feel socially compelled to do so.

They spend lots of money on beer and fags, they go out for the traditional weekend binge, but they don't enjoy drinking or smoking. It just seems odd and maybe, weak minded.
I got way too drunk last night at my leaving party, and I think that I'm going to have to drink tonight :frown: :rolleyes:
Reply 11
fuglyduckling
I got way too drunk last night at my leaving party, and I think that I'm going to have to drink tonight :frown: :rolleyes:

Awww
*hands you a packet of Ibuprofen and a cup of tea*
Reply 12
The reason I was asking is that whenever I am in the UK I drink a LOT! Now that I am in Germany, I rather just stick to a nice bottle of wine maybe once or twice a week (with my husband) or, as tonight, to some nice sangria.

Funny how I drink much more in a country where drinking is around 3-5 times the price than here.
Reply 13
I think that's why it's more popular. The price makes you think that if you can go out and get sloshed you're doing well for yourself, even if you spend half the night on Charing Cross road with your head in a bin. Classy.
Reply 14
Haha, maybe. I never thought about it this way. But I think the drinking culture in the UK is very different from other countries.
Reply 15
You'd think the Americans would be more like that, because alcohol is more taboo there than here.
Reply 16
I don't know about Americans. I am married to one and have spent a considerable amount of time there. It is more exclusive, because you have to be 21 to drink, but it is neither taboo nor something people do on an excessive basis
Reply 17
The Fluff

B@ll ****
Reply 18
Dj Nastie
B@ll ****

Actually I'm not...I got so paranoid about it I really concentrated. And I do actually absorb a lot of stuff when I'm not paying attention.
The Fluff
Actually I'm not...I got so paranoid about it I really concentrated. And I do actually absorb a lot of stuff when I'm not paying attention.

This also happens to me. Ive been drinking a fair bit lately. I really like drinking and i also enjoy getting drunk. However, ive only been sick twice and not too keen on getting that kind of drunk all of the time.

Latest

Trending

Trending