The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Have you recieved your loan?

Hi all,

I have my payment schedule infront of me saying I should recieve my first payment today, but I haven't. My account details are correct.

I took this form on Friday to the registration day and kept asking about it. A few people (staff) said they hadn't even seen this letter before?

Anyway I was told it was approved automatically when you collect your id card.

Anyone else in similar situation? - or know if we were supposed to take it anywhere specific?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
yea i checked mine as well and it wasnt there. they told me i was approved automaticaly as well. wait untill the end of the day if its not through then go back and ask them
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Don't worry, SLC is notorius for ****ing up and paying out late. Everyone is in the same situation. You should get it within the next coupla days.
yep mines not come thru either!!
Reply 4
Don't get me started about student loans.....

I don't even know if I'm getting any.

I apparently qualify for the max load (about £4k), and I have a letter proving this. However, since I've been at Loughborough, my parents (who are self-employed) got a letter in the post saying that my assessment was still provisional, and they needed to provide yet more information (after providing £30's worth of account details from the accountant) for me to receive my loan.

It seems that the left hand doens't know what the right hand is doing. :mad: :banghead:
Reply 5
I was just wondering this. Does anyone know if we have to go to the finance office or something to activate it or does it just get put straight in the bank?
I went to the f.office & they said as long as uv got ur ID card with the orange sticker on the back the loan company no's ur at uni & will pay the loan out 2 u. However I think SLC will be a couple ov days late with the money. Dont worry :rolleyes: apparently in york (or sumwhere) the SLC is 3 weeks behind - so it cud b worse (inless u live there ov course)!
Reply 7
apparantly we are getting our loan tomorrow, a guy was asking about it in hsbc earlier
Mine came through today... hope all yours did aswell! :smile:
Reply 9
Yeah :smile: did anyone else choose to pay the uni via direct debit? I've got like the receipt I was jus wondering when the money is actually taken....
DD dates: -

25th November 2005
27th January 2006
28th April 2006

£50 fee for each failed DD.

Hope that helps.

P.s. I assume we will get some form of confirmation\dd schedual, telling us how much they'll take each time. ?
Reply 11
Yes we do get a letter from finance soon, telling us how much and when they'll take the direct debit money.

Anyway, my loan came through today, and it seemed to be for the correct amount :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending