The Student Room Group

Returning Student

I am a returning student who did 2 years of a course (and did not recieve any certification/degree) , took a gap year and am now starting a brand new 3 year undergraduate bachelors degree. Due to the rules surrounding Tuition Fee loans, I am aware that Student Finance will only cover 2 years of this 3 year course. What I wasn't aware of was that they would not cover Year 1 but instead Year 2 and 3 which puts a huge spanner in my plan to work part time in years 1 and 2 to build up funds for that final year. Does anyone know if there is a way to get that loan for year 1 and 2 instead? Unfortunately I doubt I will have enough evidence for the reason I quit my first course in the first place so I have accepted that I will only be recieving tuition loan for 2 years.
Original post by danjc1005
I am a returning student who did 2 years of a course (and did not recieve any certification/degree) , took a gap year and am now starting a brand new 3 year undergraduate bachelors degree. Due to the rules surrounding Tuition Fee loans, I am aware that Student Finance will only cover 2 years of this 3 year course. What I wasn't aware of was that they would not cover Year 1 but instead Year 2 and 3 which puts a huge spanner in my plan to work part time in years 1 and 2 to build up funds for that final year. Does anyone know if there is a way to get that loan for year 1 and 2 instead? Unfortunately I doubt I will have enough evidence for the reason I quit my first course in the first place so I have accepted that I will only be recieving tuition loan for 2 years.

What subject will you be studying?
Original post by danjc1005

Hi there,

What course are you looking to study? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending