The Student Room Group

Student finance Change of where i live

Hi, so i originally applied for living at home in London and i already recieved the acceptance letter with maintenance loan however, i have decided to live at accomodation due to circumstances at home. As rent in London is a lot higher and i will not be able to live with the maintenance loan provided, how can i tell student finance this?
Original post by 2760
Hi, so i originally applied for living at home in London and i already recieved the acceptance letter with maintenance loan however, i have decided to live at accomodation due to circumstances at home. As rent in London is a lot higher and i will not be able to live with the maintenance loan provided, how can i tell student finance this?

Hi there, you can change your living location on your online account. Follow the steps to change your university and there will be a section for living location. You can find out how to change this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide
Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, you can change your living location on your online account. Follow the steps to change your university and there will be a section for living location. You can find out how to change this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide
Thanks, Karen

Will they increase my maintenance loan?
Original post by 2760
Will they increase my maintenance loan?

Hi there,

Yes, you're entitled to a higher rate of Maintenance Loan if you live away from home rather than with your parents.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Yes, you're entitled to a higher rate of Maintenance Loan if you live away from home rather than with your parents.

Thanks, Graeme

thank you!
Original post by 2760
thank you!

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending