The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
The league tables are a load of crap, it dosn't mean a damn thing. Nottingham has a good reputation and thats all that matters.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
having dropped two places from its average over the last few years is hardly something to be alarmed about.

i mean, we cant expect nottingham to improve a few places every year, neither can we expect it to remain stagnant... what goes up must come down.. and vice versa.. (ignore the laws of gravity)
Reply 3
The league tables don't really mean much. There isn't much to choose between the top 20 or so.
Reply 4
It's a big university and the courses are more varied thus it's hard to maintain a universal level of satisfaction. Leeds, Birmingham and Manchester are probably dragged down by the same factor *shrug*
Reply 5
Nottingham has a good reputation - League tables don't really matter. It's like if you say Nottingham, anyone will know it's an excellent uni. But if Hull suddenly jumped to become the top 10 of the country, when people hear Hull, they're still not gonna be as impressed by it as they would by Notts. It's just the rep.

And btw Notts was 14th in Times league table from what I remember for the 2005 entry. The same league table, but 2006 entry shows Notts ranks 9th. Or I think it's the Times anyway.
Reply 6
ha, its the 4th best Uni in the country for my course anyway :-)

that course being Economics......altho overall, the name Nottingham carries alota weight when it comes 2 finding jobs after graduation....
Reply 7
theicon
ha, its the 4th best Uni in the country for my course anyway :-)

that course being Economics......altho overall, the name Nottingham carries alota weight when it comes 2 finding jobs after graduation....

Lol so you really are that mysterious TSR guy? :biggrin: Why did I remember you saying your username began with an R then... :confused: *to double check* you're in HuStu, right? :biggrin:
HuStu! Cool! probably seen you around as I'm from Cripps
Reply 9
Ollie87
The league tables don't really mean much. There isn't much to choose between the top 20 or so.

There isn't ^o)? Dude, which planet are you from?
Reply 10
irisng
Lol so you really are that mysterious TSR guy? :biggrin: Why did I remember you saying your username began with an R then... :confused: *to double check* you're in HuStu, right? :biggrin:

ha....all ur answers lie in the "First Impressions" thread, page 6, i believe......just :askpig:

To save you the bother tho, yeah, u caught me u clever gal ...that "R" username thing was just to throw you :rolleyes: ..n oh yeah, im in HuStu :biggrin:
Reply 11
theicon
ha....all ur answers lie in the "First Impressions" thread, page 6, i believe......just :askpig:

To save you the bother tho, yeah, u caught me u clever gal ...that "R" username thing was just to throw you :rolleyes: ..n oh yeah, im in HuStu :biggrin:

Lol I haven't checked TSR in detail for so long now anyway I only really have time to reply to one or two emails a night and that is if I check at all! I haven't read a lot of the threads on here.

Lol what's the point of throwing us if you're gonna come and reveal yourself? :biggrin: So what's your name then? (yeh I can be a bit of a cynic sometimes... :rolleyes: )
john williams
Just had a quick look at the new Times league tables (considered most respectable) and it shows that Nottingham has dropped from 9th to 11th, having slipped a few places last yr. I cant believe this as it seems good and should be in the top 5 not top 20. What do people think?
Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE etc. Which should you replace? :P

Just look at the universities around you. Durham, Bristol, York. You're up with the big boys and really shouldn't be worrying.
ThePenguinMafia

Just look at the universities around you. Durham, Bristol, York. You're up with the big boys and really shouldn't be worrying.

I'd take LSE out as I think its pants for Law anyway thats why I rejected their offer in favour of Nottingham.
ThePenguinMafia

............ you forgot to mention Edinburgh when refering to the ''big boys''.
Reply 15
hmm..

another thing to consider is the offers for modern languages - went from BBB to CCC...pretty poor by all considerations... having sampled the language teaching there i can see why.

Latest

Trending

Trending