The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I doubt it will be looked at really, but if you're worried just dont put it on your application..
JTeighty
I doubt it will be looked at really, but if you're worried just dont put it on your application..

To OP; I doubt it'll matter. However, you have to put it on your application along with all other qualifications.
Reply 3
GeorgieBoy
To OP; I doubt it'll matter. However, you have to put it on your application along with all other qualifications.

Why?
Reply 4
JTeighty
Why?

yeah i heard you have a LEGAL OBLIGATION to list all of your qualifications unless you got a U :confused:
Reply 5
Penguin21
yeah i heard you have a LEGAL OBLIGATION to list all of your qualifications unless you got a U :confused:

Interesting, I've never heard that before (not that I've ever committed that offence). Where did you here this from?
Reply 6
JTeighty
Interesting, I've never heard that before (not that I've ever committed that offence). Where did you here this from?

my teachers and rumours around school, otherwise believe me it wouldn't be on my ucas atm lol :smile:
Reply 7
thats not true! if you don't put it on your application it just never gets acknowledged to and the uni's can't see it, though tbh i don't think they'd mind anyway :biggrin:
Reply 8
Penguin21
my teachers and rumours around school, otherwise believe me it wouldn't be on my ucas atm lol :smile:

tmk it's not true but i could be wrong..lets say hypothetically it isn't allowed, would they know if you don't put it down..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
JTeighty
tmk it's not true but i could be wrong..lets say hypothetically it isn't allowed, would they know if you don't put it down..

I suppose that's true but lets say hypothetically they carry out checks on applicants qualifications just to make sure that they're not lying (not that i've ever heard of such a thing) it could be possible to find out?
Reply 10
I think it is necessary to put it on your application, however I really do't think the C will affect your chances much if at all really, so don't worry. Your other AS' are great.
Reply 11
GeorgieBoy

which **** left me neg rep because of this thread, claimed I'm wrong and refused to leave their name. If you're so sure you're correct then why are you cowardly? Is it because you are scared of being wrong? If so, you'll never succeed in life as one can only learn from their mistakes. You seem so full of yourself, i wouldn't be surprised if you are a loner..

Btw I didn't say I was sure, I have clearly said in this thread that it's tmk
(edited 13 years ago)
They don't care about CT. Put it down anyway if you're applying to a points one, might help a little.
Reply 13
You have to declare all qualifications. Don't be silly and ignore one. If it's found out later on, and you are at med school or hold an offer, you will be kicked out. It's fraud by omission - if I recall when I applied last year, before you submit an application you agree that you have included everything, and everything is correct, etc. so you need to ensure everything is complete.

I'll find the relevant document on UCAS and link it to you. Don't omit anything. It's stupid.

They don't even look at the Critical Thinking grade. Even if they did, I really doubt they would care you got a C in a fifth AS.

e:

JTeighty
which **** left me neg rep because of this thread, claimed I'm wrong and refused to leave their name. If you're so sure you're correct then why are you cowardly? Is it because you are scared of being wrong? If so, you'll never succeed in life as one can only learn from their mistakes. You seem so full of yourself, i wouldn't be surprised if you are a loner..

Shut up, jesus. You whine like a kid.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Beska

e:

Shut up, jesus. You whine like a kid.

I'm just letting out my fury on stupid egotistical people whose head's are too large to fit through most doors. Can I not express my opinion or is that also too kid like?!

Oh, to whom it may concern, thanks for the rep.
(edited 13 years ago)
Beska
You have to declare all qualifications. Don't be silly and ignore one. If it's found out later on, and you are at med school or hold an offer, you will be kicked out. It's fraud by omission - if I recall when I applied last year, before you submit an application you agree that you have included everything, and everything is correct, etc. so you need to ensure everything is complete.

I'll find the relevant document on UCAS and link it to you. Don't omit anything. It's stupid.

They don't even look at the Critical Thinking grade. Even if they did, I really doubt they would care you got a C in a fifth AS.

I've been told by my college tutors that I can leave an AS grade out. Actually, they said I should leave it out.
Reply 16
JTeighty

UCAS states that all awarded grades must be declared.

I know Keele Medical School state on their website that they reserve the right to withdraw offers if they find that applicants didn't fully declare their grades. I would imagine that others would feel similarly as it shows an applicant's dishonesty in trying to conceal information that they think might adversely affect their application.

OP, given that the grade won't affect your application, it seems stupid not to declare it and potentially cause yourself problems further down the line.
Reply 17
colabottles
I've been told by my college tutors that I can leave an AS grade out. Actually, they said I should leave it out.

You might want to read what I just posted about Keele then, seeing as though you are applying there :rolleyes:

Edit:

From the Keele Medical School website:

Applicants are reminded that they are required to list all qualifications that have been completed and certificated, including those that were failed, in their UCAS applications. This is in line with paragraph 36 of the General Medical Council's Medical Students: Professional Behaviour and Fitness to Practise. We reserve the right to withdraw offers from applicants who are found to have withheld information about completed qualifications and to report such withholding to UCAS.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
colabottles

I disagree completely with them. Once you submit the application you "sign" a disclaimer saying that you've included everything, including all your qualifications. Your universities will check all your qualifications with your exam board, or more likely your certificates. They will then see an extra qualification on your certificate that isn't disclosed on UCAS. It's grounds for dismissal, same as if you lied about any of your grades or work experience.

The relevant section of UCAS is here.

Ucas
All qualifications must be entered, even if you received an unsuccessful grade, if you are still waiting to take the final exams or if you are waiting for the results.

There's a more harshly worded version (i.e. "you MUST include all qualifications" ) but I can't find it. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Beska
I disagree completely with them. Once you submit the application you "sign" a disclaimer saying that you've included everything, including all your qualifications. Your universities will check all your qualifications with your exam board, or more likely your certificates. They will then see an extra qualification on your certificate that isn't disclosed on UCAS. It's grounds for dismissal, same as if you lied about any of your grades or work experience.

The relevant section of UCAS is here.

There's a more harshly worded version (i.e. "you MUST include all qualifications" ) but I can't find it. :frown:

I'm quite worried as to how much my college has mislead me now. I hope I don't get rejected purely because my college has done something wrong with my application.

Can I just ask your opinion - C in AS maths as a fourth AS + Welsh Bacc wouldn't look too bad, would it?

Latest

Trending

Trending