The Student Room Group

GCSE med school requirements???

I received mr GCSE results back today and have been worried - does anyone know how much my grades will effect my chances of med school? I got grades 6-8 (across all 10 of my subjects) however the 6's are in maths, chem, and physics which is why I'm worried
Reply 1
Original post by wavetovenus
I received mr GCSE results back today and have been worried - does anyone know how much my grades will effect my chances of med school? I got grades 6-8 (across all 10 of my subjects) however the 6's are in maths, chem, and physics which is why I'm worried

Tbh, that should be fine for most of the medical schools(probably all) even for Oxbridge according to their individual websites. I am applying for medicine next month so I have been checking. Also, I suggest Bio and chem for your A levels, the third shouldn't be Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills or General Studies( if you want to get wider options 😁)
Original post by Jack39
Tbh, that should be fine for most of the medical schools(probably all) even for Oxbridge according to their individual websites. I am applying for medicine next month so I have been checking. Also, I suggest Bio and chem for your A levels, the third shouldn't be Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills or General Studies( if you want to get wider options 😁)

Thank you! I'm already enrolled in sixth form for chem, bio, and psych - thankfully they're letting me do chem despite not achieving a 7 (their normal cut off) due to contextual circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest