The Student Room Group
Depends on the uni, cos some wait until January I think.
Reply 2
pagrant
more offers? or is that a myth?

Of course it's a myth. If you're lucky, some universities *might* get back to you a bit more quickly, but that's about it.
Reply 3
Don't know but I am. Hopefully it will be sent off before half term. But then again my school likes to get them sorted early...I think the internal deadline is the week before half term. I just want to get it off and then be on the next stage. I'm excited about going to uni.
Reply 4
Of course its true, in most universities (excluding oxbridge and co), the applications are not 'stacked up' and all read after the deadline. Whenever a application is received, it is read and responded to as quickly as possible. Statistically, a higher proportion of applications are made offers in earlier weeks than later. Obviously an admissions tutor will be in a better mood when s/he has 10 to read in a day as opposed to 100.

Source: UCAS person who came into school, and various other university and career experts.
Better early than late. I wouldn't worry about it though.
The answer is very simple. Apply as soon as possible, and before the relevant deadline, but take as long as you need to make sure you have made the right decisions as to which universities to choose and which subject you want to study. Having applied, forget about it and focus on achieving the results you will need to get in. The earlier you apply, the sooner you can focus on work. All the rumours you have heard about getting/not getting offers if you apply at certain times are just that - rumours - and have no basis in fact.

Latest

Trending

Trending