The Student Room Group

When to send of uni application?

I’m not an early applicant but I want to try and send off my application early without compromising its quality. My schools internal deadline is early November, so when do you reccomend I sent it off?
Reply 1
Original post by hahaaddie
I’m not an early applicant but I want to try and send off my application early without compromising its quality. My schools internal deadline is early November, so when do you reccomend I sent it off?

Hi, I think once you've finished editing your personal statement, confirmed your choices and completed all of the other parts of your application, you can send it off in November if you want to. Perhaps ask your school first whether it's ready to be sent off/ if you need to change anything. In most cases, sending it off much earlier than other applicants isn't always more beneficial than sending it later on - the only advantage is that you might receive offers earlier? But not always, as I sent my application off in October, but still waited until February to receive some offers as some universities wait to receive all of the applications first before giving out offers.
UCAS's contract with universities requires they consider all applications received before the deadline equally. So there is literally no difference in sending it off today or on January 24th (if not applying to Oxbridge/medicine/dentistry/vet med) or October 14th (if applying for one of those).

Also remember you don't need to add all your choices when you send it off initially - you can just put in the ones you are sure of and add the others later. Potentially useful to know if you are applying to Oxbridge (as you can add Oxford/Cambridge then decide on your other 4 later).
Reply 3
I always recommend that you work on your PS final version over November half-term - and then submit asap after that.

This way you give yourself a good chance of getting at least some offers before Christmas, and this can be enormously motivating / exciting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending