The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thelooby94
Lots of work to look forward to then lol thanks :smile:
Ah how many years is that course? Are you in a house now?
So do you have any exams coming up? :smile:

Haha no problem! Im on a three year course. Yeah I live in a house in north cathays with 4 others, but obviously move out next month. Next year I'm living in roath with three other friends, gonna be much better! I have 6 exams in total, had my first this morning at 9 am, and my last is on the 11th! It was so difficult too :frown:. So what grades do you need? confident you'll get them? Or are you a firmer?

X
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by krizz1992
Haha no problem! Im on a three year course. Yeah I live in a house in north cathays with 4 others, but obviously move out next month. Next year I'm living in roath with three other friends, gonna be much better! I have 6 exams in total, had my first this morning at 9 am, and my last is on the 11th! It was so difficult too :frown:. So what grades do you need? confident you'll get them? Or are you a firmer?

X

Ooh cool :biggrin:
Aww no :frown: what was the exam for?
Good luck for the others :biggrin:
I need AAB and I'm very hopeful that I'm gonna get them :smile: I've firmed Cardiff :biggrin:
It was for managerial economics- don't ask!! I had another yesterday morning which was much better :smile: Next week I have wednesday thursday friday, then monday the week after!! :frown: Thanks I think I'll need it!! I'm sure you'll get them no problem, which subjects are you doing?
X
Reply 1183
Original post by rpandy12
how come youre transferring from law and french? and what was it like? im starting that hopefully next year....

It just wasn't really my thing. I thought Law would be a good choice for me, turns out it wasn't... Don't let that put you off though. The Law school here, Tutors, staff, everyone actually, are all pretty damn awesome at their jobs. Far better than the rest of the Uni at least in my experience...

PM me if you get in, I'll show you around and stuff if you want.
hey guys!
if all goes well I will be studying law next year, hopefully in taly south!
anyone else doing law and/or in taly?
also good luck to everyone with their remaining exams!
Original post by benco
It just wasn't really my thing. I thought Law would be a good choice for me, turns out it wasn't... Don't let that put you off though. The Law school here, Tutors, staff, everyone actually, are all pretty damn awesome at their jobs. Far better than the rest of the Uni at least in my experience...

PM me if you get in, I'll show you around and stuff if you want.

ohh haha thats good reassurance thanks :') ah yeah that would be cool thankyouu i will :smile:
Original post by samiwel.davies
hey guys!
if all goes well I will be studying law next year, hopefully in taly south!
anyone else doing law and/or in taly?
also good luck to everyone with their remaining exams!

heyy :smile: woo im hopefully going to be doing law too possibly in taly! fingers crossed results go well! :redface: good luck :smile:
heyy :smile: woo im hopefully going to be doing law too possibly in taly! fingers crossed results go well! :redface: good luck :smile:

thats great! thankyou :smile: good luck to you too!
Reply 1188
ohh haha thats good reassurance thanks :') ah yeah that would be cool thankyouu i will :smile:

No worries at all, but yeah, the Law course, well, it's bloody excellent really. As is Cardiff, thinking about it...
Original post by benco
No worries at all, but yeah, the Law course, well, it's bloody excellent really. As is Cardiff, thinking about it...

hope so :') do you know if many people changing course away from law by any chance? :smile:
Reply 1190
hope so :') do you know if many people changing course away from law by any chance? :smile:

As far as I know, people changing courses at all is a rarity. I don't really know anyone who has. Maybe someone dropped their joint honors or something, but that's about the extent of it.

Oh, also, if I can give you any advice about the French, kill yourself through Grammar over the summer. I'm actually fluent already having lived there for a number of years, but the grammar made me look like a giant useless gob****e.
Original post by benco
As far as I know, people changing courses at all is a rarity. I don't really know anyone who has. Maybe someone dropped their joint honors or something, but that's about the extent of it.

Oh, also, if I can give you any advice about the French, kill yourself through Grammar over the summer. I'm actually fluent already having lived there for a number of years, but the grammar made me look like a giant useless gob****e.

oh thats ok then :')

really :redface: thats not greatt hahah thanks for the heads up :') must be the same for everyone though no? or was everyone else practically fluent too...? :s-smilie:
Hello, just wondering has anybody put Cardiff as their firm for mathematics? :biggrin: I haven't found a single person yet! Thank you! :smile: xx
Reply 1193
oh thats ok then :')

really :redface: thats not greatt hahah thanks for the heads up :') must be the same for everyone though no? or was everyone else practically fluent too...? :s-smilie:

Well, when I say I'm fluent, I mean, I did a french Baccalaureat, completely in French. But yeah, I've had people say that they are more confused by the grammar this year than before they came. Apart from that, there is nothing at all to worry about! :tongue:

^And for the person above me, I only know of two people doing Maths, and they're doing it with French (weird combo right there) or Music (which makes sense). But yeah, maths seems to be rare...
^And for the person above me, I only know of two people doing Maths, and they're doing it with French (weird combo right there) or Music (which makes sense). But yeah, maths seems to be rare...

Ah thank you! Is it Cardiff that they've firmed for maths? :smile:
Original post by benco
Well, when I say I'm fluent, I mean, I did a french Baccalaureat, completely in French. But yeah, I've had people say that they are more confused by the grammar this year than before they came. Apart from that, there is nothing at all to worry about! :tongue:

hahaa very fluent then :') ahaa well ill definitely try and revise a bit this summer then :tongue:
Reply 1196
Original post by sophie_94

Ah thank you! Is it Cardiff that they've firmed for maths? :smile:

Ah, they're already there :P Sorry, I only really find out that people actually want to do maths when they're doing it :P

hahaa very fluent then :') ahaa well ill definitely try and revise a bit this summer then :tongue:

Yeah, just a bit. :P Probably a good plan to get a bit done here and there before the beginning of the year.
Reply 1197
Original post by sophie_94
Hello, just wondering has anybody put Cardiff as their firm for mathematics? :biggrin: I haven't found a single person yet! Thank you! :smile: xx

Hi:smile: I've firmed cardiff for maths!
Have we got any Pharmacy babes in the house??!
Original post by JD_94
Hi:smile: I've firmed cardiff for maths!

Ah great! I can't wait just hoping my grades are up to it! But very excited! How did you find the Core 4? I did the mei one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending