The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benco
God yes. I quickly found out that personally, Law is quite possibly one of the most boring thigns I've ever done in my life, and in my last year of school I had 11 hours of philosophy a week. It was worse than that :P

I don't know anyone else on it yet. That being said, it's dead easy to get to know people, considering you're all in the same boat.

Haha! i can't imagine it would be very easy! Wow, well, as a fellow philosophy student, i understand your pain :wink:

Yeah that's true, we're all gonna be awkward and nervous, so at least we'll be able to chat about that, (and, well, alcohol helps!)

Do you know how big the course is? I can't remember how many places were available but i hope its not too large of a group.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 1381
Original post by Ladyjakie
I just had my residency offers email, and I can log in to SIMS, but I can't get onto the University Residences page to accept it! Have many of you encountered this problem? It's concerning, especially when the deadline's considered! Perhaps the site's being hammered.

Me and my brother can't log in either. Apparently it's at over-capacity? The deadline's Friday isn't it? :s-smilie: Hope it sorts itself out soon!
Original post by tweeto
Looking on that website, it looks like a completely different wristband and freshers ball.

On the university one all the events take place at the union, where all the other ones are different clubs each night, including the freshers ball at Oceana.

Confused about it and what to do! :confused:

:| :| :|
I haven't seen the strictly Cardiff Uni students one advertised anywhere. =/

Maybe the other one is for all the students in Cardiff? Like UWIC and Glamorgan?
I heard that buying the Union wristband was a waste of money and a lot of the people who paid £20 odd only went once or twice.

CHOICES CHOICES! Maybe just decide with your flat mates which one you're all going to and do that?
Reply 1383
By the way, anybody else at Taly North, House T, First Floor, Flat 5 or anywhere near? I've so far met nobody near me! :P
Reply 1384
Original post by Dollyandra
:| :| :|
I haven't seen the strictly Cardiff Uni students one advertised anywhere. =/

Maybe the other one is for all the students in Cardiff? Like UWIC and Glamorgan?
I heard that buying the Union wristband was a waste of money and a lot of the people who paid £20 odd only went once or twice.

CHOICES CHOICES! Maybe just decide with your flat mates which one you're all going to and do that?

http://boxoffice.cardiffstudents.com/Catagory.asp

Yeah I'm sure it's only for Cardiff uni students. But when everyone mentions the ball, I'm not sure which one they are talking about!...As you said, maybe I'll just wait till I get there and find out what my flatmates are doing. Although I'd hate for them to be sold out :s-smilie:
Original post by tweeto
http://boxoffice.cardiffstudents.com/Catagory.asp

Yeah I'm sure it's only for Cardiff uni students. But when everyone mentions the ball, I'm not sure which one they are talking about!...As you said, maybe I'll just wait till I get there and find out what my flatmates are doing. Although I'd hate for them to be sold out :s-smilie:

Urgh. Well I'm glad we spotted this now, saves one of us awkwardly buying the wrong ticket and being forever alone.
Reply 1386
Just ordered the books for the first year modules of English Literature. The price made me wince :P
Original post by Dollyandra
Haha yes you'll be all alone otherwise! How far are you coming from?

Great minds think alike! Should we get them now or wait until we find more roomies first?

I only live about 1hour 30mins away so if i do turn out to be the only person in the whole of talybont south, then i could always catch a bus home and come back saturday :biggrin:
Although the amout of stuff im bringing...it'll probably take me a few days to unpack :tongue: how far are you coming from...? :smile:

Well, i was gonna say that we should just be crazy and buy the wristbands now :awesome: haaa! buut...now im consused if theyre the right ones or not :facepalm: hmmm...confusion!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1388
Original post by MJOwen
Just ordered the books for the first year modules of English Literature. The price made me wince :P

I still need to buy mine :P I saw that the anthology was very expensive though on amazon :frown:
Original post by EmsAlice
I still need to buy mine :P I saw that the anthology was very expensive though on amazon :frown:

It was expensive! But then again, I think it's huge!
Reply 1390
Taly North House W, second floor, house 11... Anyone else here? This is my boyfriend's accommodation. He hasn't got TSR so I'm asking for him. I'm still locked out of SIMs and can't get mine :frown:
Reply 1391
Original post by EmsAlice

Yes, it cost £34!
Reply 1392
Has anyone bought the union freshers wristband for £25? I feel like I am the only one and am starting to get worried that I bought the wrong one. :s-smilie:
Reply 1393
Finally accepted my residency offer! The site is working again now :smile:
Original post by MJOwen

im also doing english lit! just wondering which books you've bought? :smile:
Reply 1395
Original post by Nectarine1
I can't actually remember. It was pretty soon after my offer. I know I have an offer though. They emailed me but I just can't see it! Have you heard anything at all yet?

Which editions are we meant to have? I think the only thing about editions is if you have a different one you'll always be on a different page to everyone else. Apart from that I can't think why you'd need a specific one.

I really don't think editions matter except when it's something like Chaucer, where spellings etc can fluctuate quite dramatically so your essays might be seen to include incorrect quotes

:sexface: :sexface: :sexface:
Reply 1396
Still haven't had my residency offer, anyone else having this problem?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Adam18
Still haven't had my residency offer, anyone else having this problem?

im the same but i think its because cardiff was my insurance and so i sent my accommodation application off on the 17th- i hate not knowing and thinking im going to get somewhere awful though! :s-smilie:
Reply 1398
Original post by ccarter25
im the same but i think its because cardiff was my insurance and so i sent my accommodation application off on the 17th- i hate not knowing and thinking im going to get somewhere awful though! :s-smilie:

Yea I know really sucks! But here's the thing, mine was a firm choice and I applied 3 months ago. Might phone them tomorrow morning, don't want to be stuck out of town

Original post by Adam18
Yea I know really sucks! But here's the thing, mine was a firm choice and I applied 3 months ago. Might phone them tomorrow morning, don't want to be stuck out of town

ohhh yeh i can see what you mean, they say that they are doing it in order of date, maybe its just taking them a while to get through everyone? but yeh i would probably give them a ring too if i was in your position! what did you put as your first choice anyway? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending