The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
Is it worth applying for ASDA if you've a prebooked engagement about a month after starting?

If that means that you're going to have to leave Asda a month into it then you should not apply.
Original post by Roving Fish
If that means that you're going to have to leave Asda a month into it then you should not apply.

It would mean that I'd have to take a few (3,4) days off. But I'd be able to do the rest of the year normally.
Aw no - what's up? PM me if needed to get it off your chest.

In other news - I heard that we're getting new uniform later this year?!

I might actually PM you, if that's ok... Tomorrow though, I'm so tired!

People in my store don't like them. It's bright green polo shirts.
Original post by keromedic
It would mean that I'd have to take a few (3,4) days off. But I'd be able to do the rest of the year normally.

You would be able to shift swap.

Original post by Holby_fanatic
I might actually PM you, if that's ok... Tomorrow though, I'm so tired!

People in my store don't like them. It's bright green polo shirts.

Yeah that'll be fine, I'm currently sat in my uniform. I just did a close shift. -_-
You would be able to shift swap.

Oh, that's great. That's wonderful.

Thanks. My fingers are crossed for vacancies. Though, with my luck they'll decline. Gotta try though.
Straight swap?

Sorry don't know what it is called. When someone wants to return something they've bought and wants to swap it for something else. I know you can refund it then sell the other item separately but that takes longer doesn't it?
Stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Just had till training and I'm confused. The age that comes up when scanning alcoholic products is xx/xx/1989 (making the person 25 years old). Can I not serve alcohol to over 18 year olds with ID if they are younger than 25? I'm confused because the legal age to purchase it is 18, not 25. I know they have the challenge 25 policy, but I'm still confused :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asda colleagues at my store are crap, don't smile, lazy, don't show me where to go....

Only reason I still go cos it's cheaper than tesco.
Original post by EmEmTheFairy

Just had till training and I'm confused. The age that comes up when scanning alcoholic products is xx/xx/1989 (making the person 25 years old). Can I not serve alcohol to over 18 year olds with ID if they are younger than 25? I'm confused because the legal age to purchase it is 18, not 25. I know they have the challenge 25 policy, but I'm still confused :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they LOOK under 25, you have to ask for ID. Then, if they show ID and it proves they are OVER 18, you can sell it to them. If they don't have valid ID, you have to refuse to sell it to them.
Original post by EmEmTheFairy

Something more confusing? The till prompts you to ID people for non alcoholic stuff. :biggrin: (People can buy non alcoholic stuff obviously).

Don't even get me started on Asda tills, I'd love for them to change them to touch screens and for overrides to be carried out remotely by an iPad or another tablet. :P

If you wanted to fire over that PM then now's a great time! :smile:
If you wanted to fire over that PM then now's a great time! :smile:

I did start it yesterday but then I fell asleep. :colondollar: Two seconds.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
I did start it yesterday but then I fell asleep. :colondollar: Two seconds.

Story of my life :biggrin:
Question; Can we use our colleague discount cards at self scan or only at proper checkouts?
Original post by iamsteven
Question; Can we use our colleague discount cards at self scan or only at proper checkouts?

At self scan you need to swipe your discount card.

There is a gift card type thing that you push your card into and remove it underneath the PIN pad to the left of the receipt printer.

You need to push your card with the magnetic strip at the top and facing the right hand side in and out until it throws a message at you.
At self scan you need to swipe your discount card.

There is a gift card type thing that you push your card into and remove it underneath the PIN pad to the left of the receipt printer.

You need to push your card with the magnetic strip at the top and facing the right hand side in and out until it throws a message at you.

Ahh okay thanks!
Is it normal pay today or time and a half?
Original post by Hippokrates
Is it normal pay today or time and a half?

Time and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 3997
Something more confusing? The till prompts you to ID people for non alcoholic stuff. :biggrin: (People can buy non alcoholic stuff obviously).

Non-alcoholic stuff? Are you talking about non-alcoholic drinks? Or such things as scissors, knives, paracetamol, DVDs etc? All of these have age limitations.
Original post by bbw
Non-alcoholic stuff? Are you talking about non-alcoholic drinks? Or such things as scissors, knives, paracetamol, DVDs etc? All of these have age limitations.

I'm talking about non-alcoholic drinks. :smile:

7393714313362_500000_IDShot_3.jpeg
For example.
Hi I just got a job at a new asda as a produce colleague and on my contract it says there's 4 weeks of training, is here actually 4 weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending