The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riordave1875
Not really anything to do with working at Asda but I'd prefer to have an answer today (preferably before 1pm).

My parents bought me a jacket from George for Christmas. However, this past Monday as I was getting ready to go to work. I decided to put my locker key and Smart card in the breast pocket of the jacket. I was confused when I felt the keys and card go through the pocket and all the way to the bottom of the jacket. I then discovered the breast pocket had a massive hole in it

So what I am asking is this; does the customer service desk handle ALL returns and exchanged or can I simply go to the George desk and enquire about an exchange?

George & CSD do exchanges. :smile:
Original post by Roving Fish
George & CSD do exchanges. :smile:

Thank you. Probably try the George desk first. The CSD at Bridge of Dee has usually got a massive queue, add in the queue to the Kiosk which is just beside it and it's usually pandemonium over there, not to mention all the customers streaming in the front door at the same time :rolleyes:
I work at asda and hate it. I've been there 5 years now and the store and definitely the management has gone down dramatically. If I could afford it I'd soon drop some hours I work Thursday - Monday so I've got crap hours having to work all weekend. But I guess it pays the bills
Original post by Pointless
Hi guys, just a quick question: Does anyone know if the managers in Asda, specifically the Optical Managers are provided with/expected to wear a uniform, or is it just a dress code? Cheers.

The men wear suits the women wear smart tops e.g blouses and black trousers black shoes and if hair is below shoulder length we have to put it up.
Reply 5384
Any recent Job vacancies going? Around the central London area if possible.

I tried looking on the site, created a profile but my search gave no matched results. The one time it did was for a delivery driver which is out of the question for me.
Most vacancies start to pop up around March. This is our quietest time of year right now.
Original post by Shoot The Breeze
Most vacancies start to pop up around March. This is our quietest time of year right now.

Yup - that when I got mine, atm everyone is overspent even tho extra staff is needed bc everyone taking the 'last' of their holidays....

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;s7mT4JR3Qr4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7mT4JR3Qr4[/video]
Reply 5388
got paid... paid off my overdraft
good thing student loan comes in soon :P
Got paid, yet got told that I'm not needed - on new years day, and that if she'd need me she'd ring me, yet I know theres a job going on Counters in another local store, same distance away etc. Is it worth transferring?
Original post by esjae
Got paid, yet got told that I'm not needed - on new years day, and that if she'd need me she'd ring me, yet I know theres a job going on Counters in another local store, same distance away etc. Is it worth transferring?

Probably.

We're having store budget cuts at the moment so there's store-wide hour cuts.
I need something cleared up:
Say you do 14:00 - 10:30 and that's your contracted hours. If you swipe at lets say 10:34, do you get paid for those 4 minutes? Or do they pay you by the hours on your contract?
Thanks
Original post by Youni-chan
I need something cleared up:
Say you do 14:00 - 10:30 and that's your contracted hours. If you swipe at lets say 10:34, do you get paid for those 4 minutes? Or do they pay you by the hours on your contract?
Thanks

They do for me, though I'm not sure if it's different on different departments (I'm on checkouts). :smile:
I couldn't imagine being on checkouts. I remember the day of my checkout training. Absolute hell. All I could hear when I went to bed was "bip, bip, bip"
Original post by subject_delta
I couldn't imagine being on checkouts. I remember the day of my checkout training. Absolute hell. All I could hear when I went to bed was "bip, bip, bip"

I was on it for a year and escaped. It's fine as long as you get trained on other aspects of front end so that you're not just beep beep beep beeping away. Front end are cliquey as **** though, you have to play to the runner circle of friends to be able to run.

But now I'm on MVG, I don't have to respond to q-busting as I'm on a service point. ^_^
Original post by Roving Fish
I was on it for a year and escaped. It's fine as long as you get trained on other aspects of front end so that you're not just beep beep beep beeping away. Front end are cliquey as **** though, you have to play to the runner circle of friends to be able to run.

But now I'm on MVG, I don't have to respond to q-busting as I'm on a service point. ^_^

I'm a night worker, where the only checkouts open are self checkouts. I don't even know why they checkout trained me, I never got a login or anything. I never worry about being mystery shopped BECAUSE THERE ARE NO SHOPPERS. I prefer it when the shop (not store, it's not a F**KING STORE) is closed though, so I don't have to tidy up as often.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by subject_delta

It's sooo boring and you're just sat there so it's absolutely freezing. Plus customers non stop. God they can be annoying af and not to mention just downright stupid sometimes. It's a relief when you get to say sorry I'm closing and leave :smile:))
Original post by dead101
It's sooo boring and you're just sat there so it's absolutely freezing. Plus customers non stop. God they can be annoying af and not to mention just downright stupid sometimes. It's a relief when you get to say sorry I'm closing and leave :smile:))

You then get the customers who think they can chance it and get served anyway... But yeah be on good terms with the runners it helps or make an agreement with someone else in the department to swap where you are (not sure if everywhere gets away with this though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
^ Reading these makes me glad I've not even been checkout trained.

For those on checkouts, how many times a day does someone joke 'I guess I can have that for free, then!' when an item doesn't scan? :P
My parents made this joke before in an Asda, and the person on checkout just looked like they heard it too many times in their job.
Ahhhhhhh good ol front end!! Hate it but probably would miss it if gave it in, can be a good laugh with both staff and customers at times but others you just want to slap everyone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending