The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Update regards my application, first interview last Thursday, second interview last night 930pm-11pm (ouch) and got a call at 8am offering me a Best Welcome at 9am this Friday :smile:

Progress or what eh? :wink:
Reply 41
I am confused I applied online and everything was goes well..till the assesment section came up..it jus had a bit of detail on and the only button it had was close..so I clicked it thinking it would redirect me to the assesment or something..but thats it closed and nothing happened..

what do I do?
Reply 42
Original post by tosh999
I am confused I applied online and everything was goes well..till the assesment section came up..it jus had a bit of detail on and the only button it had was close..so I clicked it thinking it would redirect me to the assesment or something..but thats it closed and nothing happened..

what do I do?

Never had that problem myself, if theres a contact number around try that, if not look up asda's head office number online and give them a call about it.
I unfortunately work there and I can't wait to leave = just waiting to find another job!

Anybody who says its a wonderful place to work, seriously needs their head looking at lol. Only good thing is the pay, which tbh isn't bad if you're sit on your butt allday :tongue: lol.

Original post by technikhil
I'm going to be working on checkouts, I've got my induction this weekend!

Is it any good? Or is it really just repetitive? Don't know what to expect!

I started off on checkouts . . and it starts off well, great customer interaction and quite enjoyable. After a while it gets v v boring and tedious. I unfortunately sustained an injury earlier in the year, due to uni work overload and asked to go on self scan = which I thoroughly enjoy, and is a lot better. I've managed to gain extra shifts by being able to multi task onto these two things.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by DoktaUH
Never had that problem myself, if theres a contact number around try that, if not look up asda's head office number online and give them a call about it.

All it says is Pending Assessment
with other info such as needing satisfactory references etc..
Reply 45
Original post by tosh999
All it says is Pending Assessment
with other info such as needing satisfactory references etc..

Yeah, give them a call then, might be a technical issue.
Reply 46
Yeah okay thanks

I cannot seem to find a phone number for Asda regarding applications :s-smilie:
Reply 47
Do I have to apply online or can't I go to the ASDA store and just ask for an application form seeing as I know they definately have vacancies?
Reply 48
Original post by tosh999
Do I have to apply online or can't I go to the ASDA store and just ask for an application form seeing as I know they definately have vacancies?

Yeah just go to the customer service desk and they'll be able to sort you out :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by DoktaUH
Yeah just go to the customer service desk and they'll be able to sort you out :smile:

Thanks for all the help today +rep :smile:
Do you get to opt out of checkout work?
Reply 51
Original post by BackDoorEntry
Do you get to opt out of checkout work?

It depends on the vacancy, generally there is a solely checkout team, you can however opt to train on the checkouts even if you're part of another department e.g. George or Home&Leisure
Reply 52
I have a ASDA magic interview tomorrow, how can i succeed in the interview because I desperately want this job.... please help me out What should I say? about the product I'm asked to sell... any help I mean any help at all will be welcomed thank you :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by ehsanm123
I have a ASDA magic interview tomorrow, how can i succeed in the interview because I desperately want this job.... please help me out What should I say? about the product I'm asked to sell... any help I mean any help at all will be welcomed thank you :smile:

Each Magic session is different, the first one I went to (whilst at uni) was a *lot* longer than the one i had last thursday and didn't involve any selling anyway.

Just be yourself and possibly make a little joke or two to make yourself rememberable for example, we had to interview another applicant to find out as much as we could, then share with the group, my partner wanted to work tills and was male, so when it came to telling the group I said "He's 17, from Colchester and wants to be a Till Girl" got a few laughs and some audience interaction and a second interview offer 2 days later :smile:
Reply 54
oh ok thanks for the tip, it's at 2pm tomorrow, can't wait. I'm normally quite talkative anyway so I will be able to talk in front of a crowd thanks oh yeah how many people attend the group interview? and how many do you think get picked for the role?

thanks
Reply 55
Anyone have asdas recruitment line telephone number or the ones who deal with online applications..thanks
Reply 56
Original post by ehsanm123
oh ok thanks for the tip, it's at 2pm tomorrow, can't wait. I'm normally quite talkative anyway so I will be able to talk in front of a crowd thanks oh yeah how many people attend the group interview? and how many do you think get picked for the role?

thanks

They usually try to keep the group sessions reasonable small, I'd say 16-20 would be about the right size. How many picked for the role relys completely on how many vacancies they have, if they're doing group interviews there must be quite a few shifts to cover, otherwise they'd rely on giving current staff on temporary 2-4day contracts an extra day or two :smile:
So I just did the online assessment, any idea when I will hear back? And if I have failed, can I apply for a different role immediately or do I have to wait?
Reply 58
Original post by DoktaUH
They usually try to keep the group sessions reasonable small, I'd say 16-20 would be about the right size. How many picked for the role relys completely on how many vacancies they have, if they're doing group interviews there must be quite a few shifts to cover, otherwise they'd rely on giving current staff on temporary 2-4day contracts an extra day or two :smile:

Just got back from the assessment. we had to design a pudding for asda and talk about ourselves. we then filled the form in and were told to go home and wait for a reply, usually within 2 days. can't wait... but I'll doubt i will get the job... too many other people there who had more experience then me :eek: about 10 people were listed only 6 showed up lol here's hoping i'm lucky.
Reply 59
Hello, I work for ASDA and have done so for a year, have worked on ALOT of departments and am trained on ALOT of different things (I'm a bit of an ASDA whore, but I need the money, so I like to do alot!)

If you have ANY questions about applying, the application or the interviewing process, even the working and the way to use a till (if your desperate to know :P ) just ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending