The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what you have to wear when you go to training? I'm guessing it's just casual clothes, but not too sure?
Reply 581
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
Does anyone know what you have to wear when you go to training? I'm guessing it's just casual clothes, but not too sure?

You can go in casual clothes - you won't be in them for long as they will give you your uniform to change into for the rest of the day..
Reply 582
Original post by Fatema991
You can go in casual clothes - you won't be in them for long as they will give you your uniform to change into for the rest of the day..

Hey do you have any idea how much ASDA pay?
Reply 583
Original post by Ash_1123
Hey do you have any idea how much ASDA pay?

Depends on the store. Usually upwards of £6 an hour.

Im going to be wearing black trousers, shirt and tie. Yours on the 4th too?
Reply 585
how do you apply online or do you get appl in asda.
Reply 586
Original post by TiredNdRestless

I have no idea what to wear to the training lol.
Reply 587
Original post by mrhea04
Asda rang yesterday to tell me I've got the job, told me training was next week.
I said I couldn't go because I was on holiday, which I had stated clearly on the forms and also told the person clearly in a one to one interview.

They said they'd sort it and get back to me, rang me today to tell me that basically I no longer have the job because I can't attend training, but they will keep my app on hold.

So basically, they tell me I've got it knowing when I'm on holiday, and then tell me I can't have the job for going on holiday.

Same thing happened to me today! They said I could go to the induction in autgust there is one but it is silly that they didn't look at the forms for the magic session :rolleyes:
Reply 588
Original post by nerd123
Same thing happened to me today! They said I could go to the induction in autgust there is one but it is silly that they didn't look at the forms for the magic session :rolleyes:

It's stupid, what's the point in getting you to fill out the forms if they have no intention of reading them.
They should say that if you can't do next week then you won't get the job at this time.
:mad:
Original post by Tango189
I have no idea what to wear to the training lol.

I live like 15 minz away from it, but never been to the store itself. Need to trek and check exactly where it is. At half 6 in the morning cant be making a mistake haha

Yeah. I think shirt and tie would be overdressing it a bit, but if that's what you want to wear, then it's your decision. Have you received your letter telling you which hours you have to work? Also, when should I hand in my bank details, because I didn't have them at the Magic Session, and I assume we're going to get paid for the training, so do you think I should take them on Monday?
Reply 591
I live like 15 minz away from it, but never been to the store itself. Need to trek and check exactly where it is. At half 6 in the morning cant be making a mistake haha

What I've been told by others going is that we will be learning more theory at this ASDA training centre so I'm just thinking what to wear. As for where it is tell me a place you know close to it and I'll give you directions to it in PM.
Reply 592
Yeah. I think shirt and tie would be overdressing it a bit, but if that's what you want to wear, then it's your decision. Have you received your letter telling you which hours you have to work? Also, when should I hand in my bank details, because I didn't have them at the Magic Session, and I assume we're going to get paid for the training, so do you think I should take them on Monday?

They don't ask for bank details at the Magic Session, they ask for Proof of Work IIRC. I was called for my bank details once I had the job. You will need to bring in the acceptance note signed in on Monday, just reminding you. I don't know why I was given two copies of the same letter so I'm guessing they only need one acceptance note.
They don't ask for bank details at the Magic Session, they ask for Proof of Work IIRC. I was called for my bank details once I had the job. You will need to bring in the acceptance note signed in on Monday, just reminding you. I don't know why I was given two copies of the same letter so I'm guessing they only need one acceptance note.

They do ask for bank details "if you have them" on the magic session. I would just bring them incase. Most details you can find on your card, account number and sort code would suffice. Yeah, I have two acceptance letters, just going to sign and then bring them both, "incase" and also two badges (still no phone call). I rang the number on the letter, they just said to me to come on the day.

Someone posted that theyr going to give us a "set of clothes" on the day, so Im not sure what ever we wear will matter, But just incase, Smart Clothes FTW (Y)!
Reply 594
They do ask for bank details "if you have them" on the magic session. I would just bring them incase. Most details you can find on your card, account number and sort code would suffice. Yeah, I have two acceptance letters, just going to sign and then bring them both, "incase" and also two badges (still no phone call). I rang the number on the letter, they just said to me to come on the day.

Someone posted that theyr going to give us a "set of clothes" on the day, so Im not sure what ever we wear will matter, But just incase, Smart Clothes FTW (Y)!

Hi, do you know if you get paid for the training?? Because that's what I've heard, not too sure..
Original post by Ash_1123
Hi, do you know if you get paid for the training?? Because that's what I've heard, not too sure..

Uh,, I heard quite a few things about what was going to happen but its all changed. So im not quite too sure, but uhm they should be. Like 9am til 5pm I think. Best get bank details etc. You going to?
Reply 596
Where is this contractual employee handbook? :confused:

You haven't read the letter properly have you? :tongue:
It says "to sign the attached duplicate letter", which means you only have to take one. I'm assuming you keep the other one so that you know what hours you're doing and the other terms and conditions.
Hello everyone :biggrin:

I have just started my job at ASDA, and I keep getting the voids wrong!
What I mean is that when I accidentally scan the same item twice and then I can't complete the rest of the transaction without getting a supervisor to override the voids! When I do it incorrectly, it comes up with 'CSM*' or something like that along with the item on the till screen?

I can't remember the order of buttons so that I can carry on with the rest of the transaction, sometimes I do it right, sometimes I don't and I really hate it when I have to keep calling a runner/supervisor to help me out!

I know there is something about printing the receipt for voids and pressing the 'void last item' button but I can't remember how to avoid needing a supervisor overidding the void for me! It takes up time which equals angry, impatient customers! Oh the embarrassment! :s-smilie:

So does anyone know what the correct order to void items that have been put through more than once???

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:
Where is this contractual employee handbook? :confused:

I rang them and they said you get it on the day of training.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending