The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey, could anyone tell me when the next payday is?
Original post by arneldfad
Hey, could anyone tell me when the next payday is?

Friday 21st :smile:

I know, feels like forever away :frown:
Original post by Danno190
Friday 21st :smile:

I know, feels like forever away :frown:

That's great- it's just that I'm owed two days pay because my manager has no memory at all, as well as 30 pounds from him also not telling me that I need to skip my hour lunch break on the clock in machine!

So from the last cutoff date which was the 19th, I should get around 750 this payday! How exciting
Reply 6163
So if the pay day is the 21st then the cut off is the 14th I'm guessing?

Also when I got the job they told us to put our holidays down will I be paid for them or not?
Original post by oh116
So if the pay day is the 21st then the cut off is the 14th I'm guessing?

Also when I got the job they told us to put our holidays down will I be paid for them or not?

15th, Saturday before.
Good evening,

After a decent start at ASDA I have had a major allergic reaction. It happened on my day off so I tried to get it sorted but it got worse so on Thursday when I was supposed to work I went in to show them how bad it was and my manager agreed I should go back to the doctors.

I agreed earlier in the week to work the Friday but as it hadn't got any better I called them on Thursday evening to let them know I could not work Friday anymore. I went in today at 11 an hour before I was supposed to start to show them that there had been no major improvements and to show them the tablets I'd been given by the doctor along with the information that I needed a blood test on Monday morning,

They suggested they could find something else for me to do but it's been quite sore and painful so I said I'd prefer to give my medication the time it needs to work. We verbally agreed I should give them a call on Friday to let them know what my doctor says on Friday.

It means I will have missed
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Tuesday
Friday but both today and Thursday it was agreed that I should not work. Given that I am a seasonal colleague is it likely that I will be sacked or just given no hours again in future?
Original post by hoops67
Good evening,

After a decent start at ASDA I have had a major allergic reaction. It happened on my day off so I tried to get it sorted but it got worse so on Thursday when I was supposed to work I went in to show them how bad it was and my manager agreed I should go back to the doctors.

I agreed earlier in the week to work the Friday but as it hadn't got any better I called them on Thursday evening to let them know I could not work Friday anymore. I went in today at 11 an hour before I was supposed to start to show them that there had been no major improvements and to show them the tablets I'd been given by the doctor along with the information that I needed a blood test on Monday morning,

They suggested they could find something else for me to do but it's been quite sore and painful so I said I'd prefer to give my medication the time it needs to work. We verbally agreed I should give them a call on Friday to let them know what my doctor says on Friday.

It means I will have missed
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Tuesday
Friday but both today and Thursday it was agreed that I should not work. Given that I am a seasonal colleague is it likely that I will be sacked or just given no hours again in future?

You'll have an RTW but I'm not really sure on seasonal policy with regards to absence without being in front of WIRE - sorry! The RTW will explain what happens from here. :smile:
Original post by Roving Fish
You'll have an RTW but I'm not really sure on seasonal policy with regards to absence without being in front of WIRE - sorry! The RTW will explain what happens from here. :smile:

Does it look better or worse that I've called them quite a bit to let them know what's going on and if I'd be ok to work or should I just have said I'll be off until next Friday and I'll call you when I am ok to work?

I felt that going in and letting them see for themselves how it was and stuff would be better than them thinking I was just looking for time off :frown:
Original post by hoops67
Does it look better or worse that I've called them quite a bit to let them know what's going on and if I'd be ok to work or should I just have said I'll be off until next Friday and I'll call you when I am ok to work?

I felt that going in and letting them see for themselves how it was and stuff would be better than them thinking I was just looking for time off :frown:

As long as they're kept in the loop then you're doing the right thing.

Do you think it's getting better? When do you think you'll next be in?
As long as they're kept in the loop then you're doing the right thing.

Do you think it's getting better? When do you think you'll next be in?

It is starting to improve, been on steroids for 3 days and got stronger antihistamine tablets which I started today. I asked her if I should have my blood test on Monday and my doctors appointment to review the bloods at 10 on Friday and then phone up and she said yes. I think if I carry on like this I could be fine to work on Tuesday evening but I think now we agreed that today she was going to try and get the shifts covered.
Worked out (if I get into Uni) I only have 29 shifts left :biggrin: Less then 30!!!
Most days I go in wanting to leave my copy of "How to win friends & Influence People" in the office for their perusal
Original post by chuffy
Most days I go in wanting to leave my copy of "How to win friends & Influence People" in the office for their perusal

I think sometimes just a copy of the OED wouldn't go amiss either.

Anywho, 'nuff said. Wouldn't want to be in breach of Social Networking Policy :wink:
Original post by Kemosabe99
Worked out (if I get into Uni) I only have 29 shifts left :biggrin: Less then 30!!!

2 shifts until uni starts. :colone:

A week at Christmas and Easter and I'll hopefully be done on shop floor!
2 shifts until uni starts. :colone:

A week at Christmas and Easter and I'll hopefully be done on shop floor!

where are you going for uni in august???
where are you going for uni in august???

I only work twice a week and also have taken all my remaining holiday for the year before my contract changes. :colone:

I just said that I'd stop working at the end of August to make it easier for everyone. I have a second job also which pays more and means I get less abuse :lol:.

(I study at the University of Worcester)
I only work twice a week and also have taken all my remaining holiday for the year before my contract changes. :colone:

I just said that I'd stop working at the end of August to make it easier for everyone. I have a second job also which pays more and means I get less abuse :lol:.

(I study at the University of Worcester)

Makes sense, I know a girl who starts Uni this week because she is off to the US for a exchange year thing, thought maybe you were the same.

I should probably use my holiday time - although I'm transferring and cutting down my hours so I don't know if the hours stay with me or not?
Makes sense, I know a girl who starts Uni this week because she is off to the US for a exchange year thing, thought maybe you were the same.

I should probably use my holiday time - although I'm transferring and cutting down my hours so I don't know if the hours stay with me or not?

They're calculating holiday pay by the average amount of hours worked for the last 12 weeks (or your contract if higher).
They're calculating holiday pay by the average amount of hours worked for the last 12 weeks (or your contract if higher).

What so currently I will have loads of Holidays, but 12 weeks into Uni I wont then??

If that's the case I think those 28 shifts left might be dramatically reduced
What so currently I will have loads of Holidays, but 12 weeks into Uni I wont then??

If that's the case I think those 28 shifts left might be dramatically reduced

Oops, no I meant holiday pay.

Your holiday entitlement moves with your contract, so if you're contracted to 24 hours then cut them to 8 then you'll get 32 hours of holiday a year (about 4 weeks, a little bit more here and there). :yy:

I'm surprised that you've not been asked to book all your holiday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending