The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by AndSparkles
Definitely true. Which store have you applied to?

I tried applying to one in Preston but the assessment thing never worked so I'm applying to chorley and darwen now.

I just got "Application Not Successful". :frown: for Darwen and Chorley.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Limitless

I tried applying to one in Preston but the assessment thing never worked so I'm applying to chorley and darwen now.

I just got "Application Not Successful". :frown: for Darwen and Chorley.

Have you applied to Asda before? If you have within a certain time period, and you got rejected, they'll automatically reject you for a certain time afterwards.
If Preston still isn't working, then I'd contact Asda House, which is Asda's HQ, or use the Contact form on the site.
Reply 742
Hi guys :smile: I applied to a store near me and the deadline was today.. Have I missed it or will they still consider me?

And also do they send rejection emails?
Is it possible to email asda to find out why you had an unsuccessful application? i'm dumbfounded as to why
Original post by tosh999
was applying to asda online, however when I click do to assessments all it says is pending assessment and has the close button? So how do I do the online assessment?

I went in store to ask for an app but they said its all online, fair enough I guess.

I cannot seem to find a contact number for asda that handles recruitment, as clearly there is some sort of technical error that I cannot access the assessment

I completely agree with you,the same thing happened to me and they rejected my application before applying...i was so angry but I don't think there is any solution for it.....:mad:
Original post by Doofy

Original post by Doofy
Hi guys :smile: I applied to a store near me and the deadline was today.. Have I missed it or will they still consider me?

And also do they send rejection emails?

I believe the deadline would be tonight if it's today. And they seem to consider applications throughout the period where the application is online, so I think you'll be fine - as long as you've got a confirmation email! :smile:

And yeah, (un)fortunately they do.
Reply 746
I believe the deadline would be tonight if it's today. And they seem to consider applications throughout the period where the application is online, so I think you'll be fine - as long as you've got a confirmation email! :smile:

And yeah, (un)fortunately they do.

Doesn't matter, they rejected me straight away! Didn't even have a confirmation email :frown:
Reply 747
Have you applied to Asda before? If you have within a certain time period, and you got rejected, they'll automatically reject you for a certain time afterwards.
If Preston still isn't working, then I'd contact Asda House, which is Asda's HQ, or use the Contact form on the site.

They are useless and just say it is all online. This is the first time I've applied so I can't get auto rejected.
I'm going to apply to Tesco. That's right **** you Asda.
Reply 748
Original post by Doofy
Doesn't matter, they rejected me straight away! Didn't even have a confirmation email :frown:

I know how you feel. :frown:
I'm an Asda reject! Wooooooooooo......................
Original post by Doofy

:frown: That sucks. However, I wouldn't worry about it - it just means you probably wouldn't like the job, or they have already got as many people as they want to apply - especially if you applied on the last day.

They are useless and just say it is all online. This is the first time I've applied so I can't get auto rejected.
I'm going to apply to Tesco. That's right **** you Asda.

You're taking things wayyyyyy too personally, yes, you got rejected, but it's more then likely because you wouldn't like the job.
Reply 751

You're taking things wayyyyyy too personally, yes, you got rejected, but it's more then likely because you wouldn't like the job.

I'm very competitive I hate losing. I can't take rejections.
I'm very competitive I hate losing. I can't take rejections.

*shakes head* It's just a way of life! :hugs:
Hey can anyone tell me the next paydate ?
Original post by rdizzle1

Original post by rdizzle1
Hey can anyone tell me the next paydate ?

It's this Friday, isn't it?
Reply 755

Its sad! Hardly any vacancies come up around where I live, and the first one that comes up I dont even get considered :frown:
Reply 756
Original post by Doofy
Its sad! Hardly any vacancies come up around where I live, and the first one that comes up I dont even get considered :frown:

I know, and I'm skint. I just need a job, getting rejected from a supermarket is disappointing. :frown:
Reply 757
I know, and I'm skint. I just need a job, getting rejected from a supermarket is disappointing. :frown:

That shows how much of a failure you must really be, to get rejected from ASDA.

LOL, ASDA

maybe you should have worked hard in school and you might have got somewhere in life.
Reply 758
Original post by Hwaseung
That shows how much of a failure you must really be, to get rejected from ASDA.

LOL, ASDA

maybe you should have worked hard in school and you might have got somewhere in life.

I'm applying to do medicine this year. I just wanted a part time job. It was probably because I have no retail related work experience all the work experience and volunteering work I have is either in an hospital or GP.
Reply 759
I'm applying to do medicine this year. I just wanted a part time job. It was probably because I have no retail related work experience all the work experience and volunteering work I have is either in an hospital or GP.

Lies, you don't need experience to work in a supermarket. Any idiotic chav can do it.

Where are you applying for medicine? London Met?

Quick Reply

Latest