The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Ok thanks so basically the same as school uniform in a sense.
Original post by moneydon
It's milk equivalent of fairtrade imo so it's a step in the right direction as some farmers/ dairies are working with miniscule profit margins with the supermarkets pushing those prices lower

It definitely is a step in the right direction, I certainly dont mind paying extra. But as Watp said - There has been no advertising of it at all. Instead customers are just seeing the higher price and not appreciating why. So they pick up a carton of the ASDA stuff which looks almost identical.

Original post by watp
It wasn't very well thought out. Theres very little in the way of advertising about why the milk is more expensive and they didn't even send my store an updated modular to show where it goes.

They'll probably just reduce it down to one row once they realise how poorly its selling

Original post by Sparkyboy6
Ok thanks so basically the same as school uniform in a sense.

Indeed. Its better to make the effort and be overdressed than turning up looking scruffy. A nice shirt, black trousers, and black shoes - you cant go wrong really.
Original post by Vitamin D
I always have people buying milk that's reduced! Always wonder what they're doing with it 🤔

A man came through my till last night with reduced stuff and was 'irritated' that we don't reduce things to 1p. Said we all must be greedy and stuck up looool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Female customer, wanted a pack of 4 dish clothes. The ones she wanted the little bit of cardboard holding them together had broken. So they weren't neatly together on the shelf. "Because the packaging is broken can I get them at a reduced price? or just buy 2?" Manager was like Nope that isnt happening. As soon as she gets home what is she going to do, undo said packaging and stick them in the cupboard under the sink.
Reply 7623
Hi everyone,

Sorry if a similar post has been made before. Just landed a job doing grocery nights and wondering if any Asda employees have any advice for me. My interview session was pretty vague so I have a couple of questions. Apparently checkout training wont be necessary though due to my hours which is one question answered.

What are typical tasks in this job? How long would breaks be for an eight hour shift? What happens on welcome day?

I'm pretty nervous about the job and would really appreciate some advice. Thanks!
Original post by eamb
Hi everyone,

Sorry if a similar post has been made before. Just landed a job doing grocery nights and wondering if any Asda employees have any advice for me. My interview session was pretty vague so I have a couple of questions. Apparently checkout training wont be necessary though due to my hours which is one question answered.

What are typical tasks in this job? How long would breaks be for an eight hour shift? What happens on welcome day?

I'm pretty nervous about the job and would really appreciate some advice. Thanks!

On shift you will be pretty much fill up shelves and grocery will include but not limited to all aisles including frozen, bws, health and beauty but not fresh....colleagues start the shift by attending the huddle with the manager/section leader

Eight hour shifts include two half hour breaks of which one is paid and the other is unpaid....you need to clock in and out on those
(edited 7 years ago)
My last shift is on Saturday 10th September.:woo:
On shift you will be pretty much fill up shelves and grocery will include but not limited to all aisles including frozen, bws, health and beauty but not fresh....colleagues start the shift by attending the huddle with the manager/section leader

Eight hour shifts include two half hour breaks of which one is paid and the other is unpaid....you need to clock in and out on those

Huddles.....In the two years ive been at ASDA we have never had one
Original post by Astro_Liam
Huddles.....In the two years ive been at ASDA we have never had one

We have a huddle every shift with the same ol same ol, sometimes they may say something new
How long can asda keep colleagues as temps?....i know a few ppl on temp contracts for 9 months and counting
Has anyone ever asked to reduce their contracted hours? I currently work 7 hours on a Monday and 9 on a Saturday but when I go back to uni I want to just do the Saturday. My section leader said it should be ok but that I have to put it in writing to a manager for them to approve. I'm just worried they'll say no or offer me other shifts, when nothing else will really fit around my timetable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asda (well, my Asda anyway) finally has contactless

PRAISE THE SUN!
Original post by Riordave1875
Asda (well, my Asda anyway) finally has contactless

PRAISE THE SUN!

Same here, we got it yesterday! A guy put his card to the machine and I was doing to the whole "Sorrrryyy we don't have contac-" when the till beeped and said card accepted, and I was like, ":redface:Ohhh, apparently we do...:wtf:"

Has anyone ever asked to reduce their contracted hours? I currently work 7 hours on a Monday and 9 on a Saturday but when I go back to uni I want to just do the Saturday. My section leader said it should be ok but that I have to put it in writing to a manager for them to approve. I'm just worried they'll say no or offer me other shifts, when nothing else will really fit around my timetable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That should be fine, I don't see why they'd say no.
Reply 7632

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's anything like my store, they'll bite your hand off. They desperately want to reduce the contracted hours across the store
And already the contactless has taken out 3 checkouts in my store :biggrin:
Original post by Riordave1875
And already the contactless has taken out 3 checkouts in my store :biggrin:

It took out our wide aisle on Monday. Had to become cash only!:redface:
anyone please help a girl
What is a final note? Its related to a disciplinary?
A section leader made me feel weird before:s-smilie: :frown: some of us were being called over to be asked what the reason was for certain over rides/voids we had. One of mine was for something 'floral'. She was questioning me about what it was but it was for the 8th of August so I couldn't remember at all. I was just being sort of light hearted and cheery about it because I knew I'd done nothing wrong. I had nothing to hide. But then she started really looking at me, staring at me, intently, like she was waiting for me to admit guilt? I don't know why she stared at me. I didn't know where to look or what to say. Then she said really coolly, "you can go back now" and I felt a bit like crying because of how cold she'd suddenly become!! Ugh.
Original post by littlenorthernlass
A section leader made me feel weird before:s-smilie: :frown: some of us were being called over to be asked what the reason was for certain over rides/voids we had. One of mine was for something 'floral'. She was questioning me about what it was but it was for the 8th of August so I couldn't remember at all. I was just being sort of light hearted and cheery about it because I knew I'd done nothing wrong. I had nothing to hide. But then she started really looking at me, staring at me, intently, like she was waiting for me to admit guilt? I don't know why she stared at me. I didn't know where to look or what to say. Then she said really coolly, "you can go back now" and I felt a bit like crying because of how cold she'd suddenly become!! Ugh.

That is a bit strange! I've never knew anyone in my store to be asked to justify voids. Wouldn't worry about it, surely if they were that bothered they could find the cctv.
Reply 7639
What is a final note? Its related to a disciplinary?

A file note is a general note saying they have a concern about a certain aspect of your performance. Essentially they're saying you should make adjustments or you could be moved on to the next disciplinary stage. It's not an official disciplinary, but would be used if you got to that stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending