The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daisiess
I applied to asda last week and just had a phone call asking if I could bring right to work documents in tomorrow, does anyone know if this is likely an interview or if they’re just wanting to see my passport? I should’ve asked but the thought didn’t cross my mind in the moment aha

I had this I applied last Friday 20th got phone call last Monday 23rd to go in on 25th for a try out and to bring passport and national insurance number. Had a try out for an hour and got the job. Had induction Friday now to wait for an email from head office to accept the job before I start. Haven’t had an interview at all.
I need to know how regular part-time work is at Asda. How 'solid' is the average number of hours? How often and why the weekly hours can change.What's your experience?
I need to know how regular part-time work is at Asda.
How 'solid' is the average number of hours?
How often and why the weekly hours can change.

What's your experience?
How do you know if you've passed the online assessment thing? I've already applied and the closing date was on the 20th and I havent received anything yet.
I can see that this thread is a little old now, but thought this might be useful.

https://retailworkerconfessions.com/articles/company-profiles/working-at-asda-whats-it-like/

ASDA staff were interviewed to see what they really think about working at ASDA. Here are the questions they were asked:

What’s the culture like at ASDA?

Is working for ASDA a good job?

What should you wear to an ASDA job interview?

How does someone get hired at ASDA? What are the steps along the way?

What questions did ASDA ask during your interview?

Is it easy to get a job at ASDA?

How often do you get paid at ASDA?

How old do you have to be to work at ASDA?

What advice would you have for someone thinking of joining ASDA?

What’s the best thing about working at ASDA?

What’s the worst thing about working at ASDA?

What is the uniform like at ASDA?

How much do ASDA pay an hour?

Do you get overtime pay at ASDA?

What do you get if you work at Asda?

What is the ASDA employee discount?

What is career progression like at ASDA?

What would you change about ASDA if you were the CEO?

Do you see yourself working for ASDA 5 years into the future?

Is there anything else you’d like to share about working at ASDA?

(edited 2 years ago)
Management corruption is at its finest again..
A friend and now former colleague has been sacked, without any warnings, for one of the most trivial things ever, but the corrupt scum that run the store chose to back the section leader.
So basically, a section leader run over my friends foot with a cage or something (not sure what, but it had wheels and was big apparently). Instead of apologising, the section leader proceeded to verbally abuse my friend and insult him. So he went to find a manager to report it too, but was laughed off and the manager wasn't bothered in the slightest.
The next time my friend saw the section leader, apparently he pushed a dolly into him, who then went running to management that he'd been attacked and barged into on a 2nd occasion by my friend. Instant suspension, followed by dismissal. He's never had a single warning in 7 years! The section leader? Nothing.. apparently he's claiming to be the victim..
I know this section leader, and not only is he an utter wet wipe brown noser, he does intimidate the staff and can be quite threatening, so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.. I've told my friend to message the regional manager, take them to tribunal, papers etc.. hoping he does..

And this is what working for asda is like in 2022!
Hi,
probably going to sound stupid but I've just got the job and I'm a bit nervous as I'm not sure how to stack properly - by that I mean how do I put the fresher stuff at the back of things without having to move everything and look like a muppet
example: you've got, let's say, a stack of bacon at the front but there's room for stock behind them. How do I go about doing that without having to look like an idiot grabbing the new bacon and reaching my arm in to put them at the back

Also, do they do random drug tests
They dont do random drug tests. When I worked on fresh it was simply easier to take the whole box of bacon or whatever off the shelf, put the new box in the back, and replace the old box in front.
I thought Id drop in this thread to say hey and find out if asda head office / their pharmacy and store managers are still a bunch of bleeps. Haven't worked at asda since pandemic started but have been tempted to do some locum shifts for them during my annual leave as my job situation is up in the air.

Asda pre pandemic was an absolute shirfest managerially regarding work conditions. On top of that, despite giving 5 years of my life working 3 of their branches, the branches refused to give me a reference, the head office doesn't even acknowledge me working there and I had no pension or store discounts (in contrast, I only did 2-3 shifts for tesco pre-pandemic and they still give me employee perks)
Original post by quasa
I thought Id drop in this thread to say hey and find out if asda head office / their pharmacy and store managers are still a bunch of bleeps. Haven't worked at asda since pandemic started but have been tempted to do some locum shifts for them during my annual leave as my job situation is up in the air.

Asda pre pandemic was an absolute shirfest managerially regarding work conditions. On top of that, despite giving 5 years of my life working 3 of their branches, the branches refused to give me a reference, the head office doesn't even acknowledge me working there and I had no pension or store discounts (in contrast, I only did 2-3 shifts for tesco pre-pandemic and they still give me employee perks)

Well when I was doing the training, the manager was lovely (he's new) so I'll have to see how they are when I work and if you worked there 12 weeks you shouldve got the perks like the discount but if not then you wouldn't have
Original post by Sam03724
Well when I was doing the training, the manager was lovely (he's new) so I'll have to see how they are when I work and if you worked there 12 weeks you shouldve got the perks like the discount but if not then you wouldn't have

Was a locum pharmacist at 3 of their branches for 5 years (was the main locum for 1 of them in fact) but yeah I guess different roles have different perks
hello, does anyone know what email i need to give to have an asda reference?
Do you still work there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending