The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by jamesjamesk
our store is closed, does that mean us colleague will have it off or will we have to work?

most likely no...that probs means ive got sunday off as well- yeah!!! I might check when i go in this week
Does anyone know the cut off date for pay & the date we get paid in April ?

Does anyone know the cut off date for pay & the date we get paid in April ? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1583
How much is a loaf of bread, packet of quavers and a bottle of milk all together?
Reply 1584
Question on another's behalf but any advice on an employee who previously worked for Asda in a temp position about a couple of months ago and would like to work for them again at another store? Do they have to go through the application again including the assessments because it's asking for that?
Reply 1585
Cut off day for this month has passed. Payday is Thursday 5th April since the bank holidays are coming up.

Any others questions from anyone, feel free to ask, been with Asda a while now.
Original post by rdizzle1
Does anyone know the cut off date for pay & the date we get paid in April ? Thanks :smile:

I think the cut off date was the 31st March for this months pay.

As for when we get paid, normally its every fourth Friday but as this Friday is Good Friday (bank holiday) they have moved it forward by one day, so this month we'll be paid Thursday 5th!
Reply 1587

As for when we get paid, normally its every fourth Friday but as this Friday is Good Friday (bank holiday) they have moved it forward by one day, so this month we'll be paid Thursday 5th!

Hi, do you know if the cut off date includes hours worked on the 31st or not? Trying to work out how much I'm going to get next week :P

Nice one cheers, so am I right in thinking the hours worked over Easter would get paid into account on the 4th May ?
Original post by fiona_x
Hi, do you know if the cut off date includes hours worked on the 31st or not? Trying to work out how much I'm going to get next week :P

Yeah should do, I think I remember the first shift I ever done was on cut off day Saturday, so yeah you should get paid for that!
Original post by rdizzle1
Nice one cheers, so am I right in thinking the hours worked over Easter would get paid into account on the 4th May ?

Yep, you'll be paid for all the Easter shifts on the 4th :smile:
Am I right in thinking this Friday and the coming Monday will be pay and a half? Does this include overtime?
Original post by berwick53
I've just accepted a job in the bakery and my induction day is on the 4th May(8:30-18:00) , When will be my first pay day be and will I be paid for my induction day?

I've been in the instore bakery since the end of last May :cool: Wonder if you'll be in the instore bakery (packing, merchandising, bread slicing, plus reductions & count if evening shift) or in the bakery aisle (shelf stacking, plus reductions if evening shift)? It would be interesting to compare stories if you do end up in the instore bakery :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1593
hi i just rang my bank to check my balance and i have £150 now i know the asda payday is tomorrow but is it possible they would have payed it today? I was told it went in automatically at 00:00 of the day of pay? I'm expecting money from another source and now i'm confused where the money has come from?
Original post by Shippy
hi i just rang my bank to check my balance and i have £150 now i know the asda payday is tomorrow but is it possible they would have payed it today? I was told it went in automatically at 00:00 of the day of pay? I'm expecting money from another source and now i'm confused where the money has come from?

Was £150 round about the amount you would be paid for this month? If so, they're may have been a mistake and you were paid last night, check again this morning, if more money has gone in then that £150 was from a different source.

I checked my balance at about 1 last night and was paid, so check again! :smile:
Reply 1595
I'm looking for a part time job (first job :smile:) but I don't know what to search. I want to work at till or stack some shelves or something like that. What do I search? lol i'm a noob i knw
I've only just started and a bit confused about breaks, If I work from 07:00-13:00 I know that I'm entitled to a 20mins break. Do I have to clock out, clock in or is it something to do with the meal break stuff?
Reply 1597
Are you still required to build a house of playing cards in the interview? :rolleyes:
Reply 1598
Original post by berwick53
I've only just started and a bit confused about breaks, If I work from 07:00-13:00 I know that I'm entitled to a 20mins break. Do I have to clock out, clock in or is it something to do with the meal break stuff?

At my Asda we only clock in and out for lunch breaks which are 30 mins. Our paid breaks are 15 minutes though not 20, so i'd double check with a supervisor if I was you :smile:
Hi!
I applied for a few jobs at ASDA on 5th April and one is now showing as 'application in progress' (updated 9th April), whilst all of the rest are showing as 'application under review' (updated 5th April). Does anyone know what this means??

Also, does anyone know what ASDA are like about giving days off. How much notice do you need to give? Are they usually supportive??

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending