The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MelissaJayne
Wouldn't they be done at Customer Services?

Can you help?
Original post by ShNMorris
I've got my first full shift at an ASDA Living store on Saturday, I've had my till training, but i'm still unsure about how to do refunds and exchanges...

I dont know how your store does it ( im not officially till trained despite working there for 2 weeks during a refit) but on my department we tend to buddy people up so like for example I will work pizzas with a newbie , then next **** we will work say deli together and after I think they've got the basics ( its too much to teach all in one go) I leave them too it but keep an eye on them. your store probably does something similar, just ask someone :smile: even if they show you and you still dont get it keep asking and people will be more than happy to help. it took being shown how to do giftcards 10 times before I got it ( it was christmas and busy) but just ask everyone is there to help you.
Reply 1782
Hi

I just recieved my offer letter and was wondering if someone could help me on a few things, it says i have to return the letter and health thing by the 15th (which is my induction) do i just take it with me or hand it in before my induction......also i don't have a gp is that going to be a problem for the health questionnaire?
Original post by huntthehaunted
I dont know how your store does it ( im not officially till trained despite working there for 2 weeks during a refit) but on my department we tend to buddy people up so like for example I will work pizzas with a newbie , then next **** we will work say deli together and after I think they've got the basics ( its too much to teach all in one go) I leave them too it but keep an eye on them. your store probably does something similar, just ask someone :smile: even if they show you and you still dont get it keep asking and people will be more than happy to help. it took being shown how to do giftcards 10 times before I got it ( it was christmas and busy) but just ask everyone is there to help you.

Yeah I was paired up with someone, she was happy to help, but she kept trying to explain everything in one go. I sort of learn better if I write something down, but there isn't always time to do that when you're on the till. Just have to keep asking.. :smile:
Original post by huntthehaunted
literally go see them explain why you want to cut back , they should be pretty good another idea is to ask to take your breaks in 15mins meaning you'd take 3 shorter breaks , that's what I tend to do. but on checkouts to do that you've got to have nice runners. but just go ask them literally like ask to have a word if their busy they'll get back to. you if you don't want to talk on the shop floor ask to go to somewhere private I'm sure they will be understanding .

If I was working 12-10 I would get 3 breaks anyway, I would get a 15 minutes break, then a half hour break and then another 15 minutes break a little later.
When it says the number of hours you've worked is 7.16 on your payslip does that mean 7.16 hours or 7 hours and 16 minutes?
Original post by sweetascandy101
When it says the number of hours you've worked is 7.16 on your payslip does that mean 7.16 hours or 7 hours and 16 minutes?

7 hours 16 minutes.
Original post by twinkle.twinkle
7 hours 16 minutes.

Thank you! Pos repped :smile:
hi ive recently applied to my local asda wasnt accepted as application was unsucessful, whn it says u cant apply for any other roles in the next 6 months does it mean they still keep u on there system and if anything comes up thy will let u knw? or is there a way of if u knw a fair few people tht work in ure local asda tht can refer u can u do tht to apply for a job? any replys appreciated thanks
Original post by Mitch2390
hi ive recently applied to my local asda wasnt accepted as application was unsucessful, whn it says u cant apply for any other roles in the next 6 months does it mean they still keep u on there system and if anything comes up thy will let u knw? or is there a way of if u knw a fair few people tht work in ure local asda tht can refer u can u do tht to apply for a job? any replys appreciated thanks

This means that you didn't get the required score on the online test to get a 'magic' interview. Therefore, unfortunately, you can't apply again for 6 months and they won't consider you for any other jobs. Sorry.
I'm not sure about referring people - I haven't actually started yet, but I would assume it goes through the 'official channels'.
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
This means that you didn't get the required score on the online test to get a 'magic' interview. Therefore, unfortunately, you can't apply again for 6 months and they won't consider you for any other jobs. Sorry.
I'm not sure about referring people - I haven't actually started yet, but I would assume it goes through the 'official channels'.

thanks for ure reply and ahh tht sucks :frown: guess ill be looking else where although that would of been perfect for me, always the case been waiting for ages for a job online at my local store even though it was part time i applied ;/
Reply 1791
Hi

I just recieved my offer letter and was wondering if someone could help me on a few things, it says i have to return the letter and health questionnaire thing by the 15th (which is my induction) do i just take it with me or hand it in before my induction......also i don't have a gp is that going to be a problem for the health questionnaire?
Original post by barra123
Hi

I just recieved my offer letter and was wondering if someone could help me on a few things, it says i have to return the letter and health questionnaire thing by the 15th (which is my induction) do i just take it with me or hand it in before my induction......also i don't have a gp is that going to be a problem for the health questionnaire?

I would say return in (ie post it) before the 15th. Err... might be as I seem to remember you had to put down practice details. Try ringing training and recruitment at your store tomorrow.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what do Catering Colleagues do? Is this working in the cafe?
Original post by Minerva McGonagall
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what do Catering Colleagues do? Is this working in the cafe?

It could be staff canteen or the customer one?
I have, today, been offered a part time temporary contract with ASDA, however one of the days I have been offered I now cannot do because it's an evening shift and I do something else. As no contract has been signed will they be able to change this for me?
Reply 1796
Original post by justanothertechie
I have, today, been offered a part time temporary contract with ASDA, however one of the days I have been offered I now cannot do because it's an evening shift and I do something else. As no contract has been signed will they be able to change this for me?

That is scary haha, I'm in the same boat, got offered a job on Tuesday. Which asda is it at?
hi guys can i ask for something please :biggrin:

just asking about the benefits you get for working full time at Asda. My mum worked there but recently died (It was probably the stress of working for asda that did it :teeth: ) and as such i was wondering what sort of employee benefits there are for example life insurance and what not.

As i live such a distance from my sister who is in control of sorting all this out, i want to make sure she isn't mugging me off :biggrin:

thanks
Original post by jermaindefoe
hi guys can i ask for something please :biggrin:

just asking about the benefits you get for working full time at Asda. My mum worked there but recently died (It was probably the stress of working for asda that did it :teeth: ) and as such i was wondering what sort of employee benefits there are for example life insurance and what not.

As i live such a distance from my sister who is in control of sorting all this out, i want to make sure she isn't mugging me off :biggrin:

thanks

So sorry to hear about your Mum.

My mum has an insurance policy out with ASDA, it's like her annual wage x a certain amount, not too sure on specific figures though. You'd have to have taken insurance out.
Reply 1799
Original post by MelissaJayne
So sorry to hear about your Mum.

My mum has an insurance policy out with ASDA, it's like her annual wage x a certain amount, not too sure on specific figures though. You'd have to have taken insurance out.

your wrong sorry, if an employee dies then asda will pay out an amount equal to a previous 12 months pay if they didnt take out the policy, if they took out the policy you will get 4x the amount of their last 12 months pay

so sorry to hear about your loss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending