The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Yearforever
Right I got 8 exams in jan including my retakes. I screwed my AS Levels up big time. :sigh:

I got:
Biology Unit 1
Biology Unit 2
Biology Unit 4
Chemistry Unit 1
Chemistry Unit 2
Chemistry Unit 4
Economics Unit 1
Economics Unit 3

If I start now and do solid revision till the start of Jan could I get A's and B's?:confused::confused: .....Is two and a half months enough?

are you applying 2 uni?
Reply 21
Aww :frown: I'm sure you'll do great regardless!

I have 28 exams in the june period for my gcses :frown: I know, they're supposedly p*ss easy - but it's still a lot!
Yes. No. Maybe. See where I am leading with this?
Reply 23
Right I got 8 exams in jan including my retakes. I screwed my AS Levels up big time. :sigh:

I got:
Biology Unit 1
Biology Unit 2
Biology Unit 4
Chemistry Unit 1
Chemistry Unit 2
Chemistry Unit 4
Economics Unit 1
Economics Unit 3

If I start now and do solid revision till the start of Jan could I get A's and B's?:confused::confused: .....Is two and a half months enough?

Depends if you use a good revision method that works best for you... then yes - but if you work hard and you're just stupid and you have no idea how to revise then you will fail no matter what :smile: relax and take you time and just do your best; little else matters.
I did 11 exams this June and got mostly A's and some B's so, yea. Good luck :smile:
We do our AS exams in January anyway, so I have 8 - Maths C1,C2,M1;Biology Units 1+2; Chemistry units 1+2; and Psychology unit 1. It would be psychology unit 2 as well, but our teacher is terrible and needs longer to teach it so I'll be taking unit two in June along with critical thinking at the least.
Reply 26
Original post by CapsLocke
I have 6 maths, and 1 Physics, and none resits.
You doing FM + A2 maths aswell?

Aye, I was stupid not to take further maths from the beginning. Not only that, but I'm doing all the extra modules except S3 and S4.
Original post by al_habib
Hi, quick que. are you external candidate, and applying to uni.tx

Nope. I'm doing them at my school.
I'm applying to uni though. My UCAS is sent. Are you?
Reply 28

I got:
Biology Unit 1
Biology Unit 2
Biology Unit 4
Chemistry Unit 1
Chemistry Unit 2
Chemistry Unit 4
Economics Unit 1
Economics Unit 3

Ha got no sympathy here, 13 exams last June and 9 this January.........not that it's a competition, but I win :tongue:

If you start now and do quite a bit of revision you should be fine.
Reply 30
Start now and work hard and you will be fine. :smile: Those grades are achievable.

Original post by BookWormShanti
Aww :frown: I'm sure you'll do great regardless!

I have 28 exams in the june period for my gcses :frown: I know, they're supposedly p*ss easy - but it's still a lot!

No pressure then. :P Good luck - you'll be fine.
I have 4, plus coursework...
I thought that was alot! lol, guess not, and guess ic an still squeeze a job in. :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by hiyarearl
Start now and work hard and you will be fine. :smile: Those grades are achievable.

No pressure then. :P Good luck - you'll be fine.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm gradually getting used to the pressure :P
Original post by thetopnotch
Two and a half months is more than enough. But make sure you have a plan for revision. It's quite a long period so if you son't structure your revision then you can end up not covering all the material. Make a list of material you need to cover and try to divide it up into chunks. Include time to go over past papers near the end as well as extra time to cover any area that you feel weak on after doing past papers.

this advice sounds good.

Do you think a revision timetable is necessary, say if i were doing 3 exams in january but had trouble managing my time ?

What other tips would you give to revise more effectively.

My exams are c2 and d1 for maths and one psychology exam. I appreciate any help you can give :-)
Man, and I thought I had it bad. All I have is 5.
Original post by Da_hopeful_1

Original post by Da_hopeful_1
this advice sounds good.

Do you think a revision timetable is necessary, say if i were doing 3 exams in january but had trouble managing my time ?

What other tips would you give to revise more effectively.

My exams are c2 and d1 for maths and one psychology exam. I appreciate any help you can give :-)

A timetable is useful however many exams you have. It doesn't have to be a detailed timetable but just detailed enough so that you're getting a solid amount of work done per week. It just stops you from falling behind and leaving it till near the exam.

For maths, you could work out how many exercises you need to do from the books, then split those up so you cover set number of exercise per week. Work it out so you cover all the problems in book in the time you have until the exams. That way you can finish everything and have time to do past papers which imo are key to a good grade in maths.

Latest