The Student Room Group

Need help on deciding whether I am suitable for an Environmental Science degree? :/

Hey people, have been using TSR for a while now just to browse but this is my first post. So basically a little about myself, I'm 18 and on my third year at college now studying a compressed course in environmental studies (AS/A2) and an AS in geology which is going great and I love both of them :smile:

Previously I had taken two BTEC courses which were music technology and music performance (I play guitar) and I know they are considered pretty soft subjects on here and I did easily achieve distinctions for both. So after completing those I was like what the hell am I going to do now???? Didn't fancy doing those subjects at uni because I didn't see a future in them so I was at a loose end. So anyways I went back to college and picked up computing and environmental studies, after a couple of weeks I loathed computing and loved env science so I dropped comp and asked if I could do env science in one year format and as geology interlinks with env science I thought that was a good move.

Well now I am finally happy with what I am doing I would really love to study the environment at degree level. However I don't have a lot of confidence in myself (generally) and I am worried about how intelligent I am and I'm really scared of going to uni and being on a course where I'm the slow one or I can't cope :/

So here are my GCSE results:

Maths: D (taking this again at college atm to get a C)
Electronics: C
English lang: C
English lit: C
History: D
Art: C
Design technology: A*
IT: C
Music: B

Ok so not great but at the time I wasn't that bothered and if I knew then how important they are I would have actually tried. I had the capacity just not the motivation lol.

Just worried about my maths really as that could be a deal breaker, hopefully not though as im actually stating to enjoy it :eek:

I know I have the passion and motivation to do it because the environment/natural world/world issues fascinates me. It is unfortunate that I have found something I love doing so late on, I only wish I had taken the core sciences at GCSE and A level.

Really sorry to bore everyone with this, I just need a little help that's all :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending