Scroll to see replies

hull chic
I'm in

1st yr RVC vet

hi wot grades did u get at alevel and gcse
Reply 181
chrissylouise
hi wot grades did u get at alevel and gcse

Hi for my GCSEs I got 1 A*, 6 As, 2 Bs and a C and for A level I got 2 As and a B (the As were in chemistry and physics)
Lucyvet2006
Also- anyone know anyone who's going to St. George's Grenada? One of my friends got AAA offer for Bristol but if she doesn't get the grades she's going 2 St. Georges! :eek: . Don't just badmouth the course btw I've heard all the arguments against it, I wouldn't have applied even if I could have afforded it, but does anyone know anyone going there? (repeating myself sorry...)

I went pre-hurricane as a visitor and it looked lovely and blissful despite the disadvantages!
Reply 183
to lucy.. hahaa

i think i'm putting edinburgh as my 1st choice [if i do go to the uk]
i currently hold 3 offers for vet med in australia as well.
so yes. i'm still thinking. deciding etc.

so since i have not decided, i have not applied for accom.
although, very honestly, i really have no idea where to apply to..
do you?

hahaa. thanks dan. feeling welcomed already.
Leggielass, do you play polo? Your avatar gives the hint..
I really want to play polo.
Reply 185
Hey,
How r all us vet students getting on with exams?
I just got my results 2day and passed 1st year :smile: Sooo Sooo happy... technically 1/5th a vet now :p:
Roll on 2nd year...
Hope everything goes well for the rest of you...
Reply 186
Well done!!!:smile:

I know that all the 1st year vets at RVC are revising like mad and going crazy at the moment and they dont end until like the end of june/beginning of july i think!! Its actually *dead* in college!

But I did all mine just after Easter, so yeah...so technically I'm just a 1/7th (well less then that still...but give me something!!)of a vet now..promising right!??!!!:rolleyes:
joos
to lucy.. hahaa

i think i'm putting edinburgh as my 1st choice [if i do go to the uk]
i currently hold 3 offers for vet med in australia as well.
so yes. i'm still thinking. deciding etc.

so since i have not decided, i have not applied for accom.
although, very honestly, i really have no idea where to apply to..
do you?

hahaa. thanks dan. feeling welcomed already.

Wicked- hope you come to Edinburgh although Australia would be awesome! I've applied to Robertson's Close, New Arthur Court and Darroch Court. Pretty much guess work apart from info on the internet. All self-catering, fairly big halls in the centre of the University Area- near the sports centre and near to town- about 15 mins walk from the vet school I think! I haven't seen any of them yet, and obviously I won't know till the summer where they're going to put me.
Thinking of going for the fringe festival after results day (17th August) because a) its an ace festival and b) I should know where I'm living by then, thats if I've got the grades!
Reply 188
oh well done hawk :biggrin: yeah ive still got the exams too come.....revision driving me mad!!!! there just seems to be so much to do and so little time to learn it all....oh dear.....my brain is literally saying...i cant take any more today at the mo lol...not really very useful!!!! when does your year end then if you have done the exams already then...do you still have teaching or what???
Reply 189
tessa
oh well done hawk :biggrin: yeah ive still got the exams too come.....revision driving me mad!!!! there just seems to be so much to do and so little time to learn it all....oh dear.....my brain is literally saying...i cant take any more today at the mo lol...not really very useful!!!! when does your year end then if you have done the exams already then...do you still have teaching or what???

Our last lecture was on 10th May and our last exam was the 26th. So we're all free now up here in Glasgow :biggrin:
Get kicked out of accomodation on 11th June so just hanging around and enjoying the place without feeling guilty for not working lol
Its such a relief to have them over... I know exactly how you feel about revision... it's mad how much they expect us to remember... getting in to vet school really is the easy bit.
Well good luck for your exams... Im sure you'll do grand and will be a big 2nd year in no time :p:
Finished already?!??! Well actually, yeah a vet friend of mine in Ed has finished (did on weds lucky thing)! No fair!!!
At Bristol and they're horrid! Everyone in me halls blimmin' finishing this week and what about the vets? Not finished till the 21st. YES! The 21st. Term blinking well finishes on the 23rd as well.
Damn vet exams, why did't I do law?! (finished 2 weeks ago- "£($*)"£!!!)
Roll on the alphabet pub crawl!
Well done Hawk! Hopefully I'll be in the same position in 3 weeks time!xx
Reply 191
hmmmm our last exams 3rd (or 4th or 5th) July!!!! no fair!!! um yeah it an oral :frown: so im assuming mine is 3rd as im beginning of register but dont really know..... its soo annoying so many of my friends are back home and finished ....and im working my butt off still...ah well...cant complain can we.....we chose the course....as my dad frequently reminds me everytime i try to get any sympathy :rolleyes:
I'm a prospective vettie!!
Cambridge in Oct, fingers crossed
Please let me join so i can get a cool logo thing

xxx
does anyone else find it very strange that we've nearly done a year at vet school, and some of us already have!! doesnt seem like 2 mins since we wer all saying what offers we got and what to say at interview etc... mad!
northern_lass
does anyone else find it very strange that we've nearly done a year at vet school, and some of us already have!! doesnt seem like 2 mins since we wer all saying what offers we got and what to say at interview etc... mad!

Hey you think that's weird- i've been here 4 years and it still only feels like 2 mins since getting my offer!!!
LePinkPanther
Leggielass, do you play polo? Your avatar gives the hint..
I really want to play polo.

Hiya, yep this was taken when I used to captain the advanced riding club and we went for an end of term treat to beverly polo club. they're great, they let student parties of 4 or more go for just £30 each fro an hour and a halfs session. its so much fun and they even take comlpete beginners, they're based near hull- get you're mates together and go!!! its a scream.

Paul Piddington is the coach for most of the british university teams and is the guy you need to ask for. xx
Reply 196
omg yeah its soooo strange that the first year is nearly over already!!!! i cant believe im nearly (if i ever pass my exams lol!!) a second year!!! Kinda glad its a 5 year course now..other wise it would be way to scary.....a 3 year course ud be like practically halfway through!!!!! argh......some of my 4th year friends were saying the same thing to....and saying they dont want to graduate lol just want the student loan to keep coming in each term etc......argh its all so scary lol.....anyway i should prob go revise pharmacology now like im supposed to be :frown:
Hey guyz,

well this is nothing important. i am just curiously about the nr of books that a vet student will use in their first year. so how many? plus what much does it cost in total?
lil_chunky
Hey guyz,

well this is nothing important. i am just curiously about the nr of books that a vet student will use in their first year. so how many? plus what much does it cost in total?

Hi allow for dyce anatomy £65
miller's dissection of the dog £40
Histology £40

plus biochem, revision guides, anatomy colouring atlasses etc. that you may fancy.

Some unis like liverpool also charge up to about £50 max per annum for course notes, CD's etc.

Don't forget Stethoscope (littman) £60-see medisave for cheapest
labcoat £10, green overall £20 and wellies.

Hope this helps.
wow, thanks. it does help leggielass! okay, this question might sounds stupid! i heard from my bro and friends that people do presentations almost daily in university and i am wondering if vet students do that too?
it's just that i wll be off to Edinburgh in september and now i am just trying to picture what lectures are like.

thanx again!

Latest

Trending

Trending