The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

'Mytunes': How to set up?

Right i've just got connected to the network after getting ARSED around by admin for a while lol...so now im thinking of getting 'mytunes' working but not sure where to start? I have 'Itunes' (latest version,or close enough at least) and i am using Windows XP professional right now. Is there a site etc? i know there was one to go to before but that had all this 'trustyhound' *******sy 'search-helper' stuff on it. Know where i can actually get Mytunes? And then what do i do after i've got it? Does it set itself up etc?
Cheers
Reply 1
I hav it but cant get it 2 work! I cant remember the site I jst typed it into google
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
try and get hold of a old copy of itunes - that doesnt limit u to 5 ppl per day
Reply 3
mine's quite temperamental too
Reply 4
oh yeah its working now but i dont really know what that 5 ppl limit stuff is about! Pfft!
Reply 5
dont forget u can also use ourtunes if mytunes dusnt work...

But for both u need to dload the latest version of java software...

type java into google.co.uk and u shud get it ok..

steely
Reply 6
does anybody know how i can get mytunes to work on my mac....i've installed it but it only gives me the option of listening to other people's music....how can i actually download it from them??

cheers

Dep
Reply 7
Dunno if you can actually d/l it. That would be illegal so apple built in something to stop you I think. There are probably cracks available on the internet but I haven't looked personally.
i have a copy of mytunes if someone wants it. my mate tried to d/l a copy during the first week of uni but i dont think she could get it to work on her pc..
Speaking of downloading stuff....has anyone managed to connect to Ares [P2P file sharing software] in halls?

Z:dancing:
I'm at Leeds, but I thought i'd add that I have Mytunes Redux running on my computer and i've so far managed to download 2000+ songs in the last week with it! The speeds for downloading are phenominal, i'm well pleased :smile:
Oh a slightly less happy note, none of the p2p file sharing programs I have used (Limewire, Kazaa, Areas et cetera) have worked, nor will bittorrent. Bit gutted about this, so I shall just rely on the people using the uni network to buy new music and then i'll download if off them with Mytunes :biggrin:
Reply 11
afireinside©
I'm at Leeds, but I thought i'd add that I have Mytunes Redux running on my computer and i've so far managed to download 2000+ songs in the last week with it! The speeds for downloading are phenominal, i'm well pleased :smile:
Oh a slightly less happy note, none of the p2p file sharing programs I have used (Limewire, Kazaa, Areas et cetera) have worked, nor will bittorrent. Bit gutted about this, so I shall just rely on the people using the uni network to buy new music and then i'll download if off them with Mytunes :biggrin:

yeah i cant use any p2p or newsgroups or irc or online games or sweet fa except http, ftp and 'some' radio stations.
online games totally banned at lougborough then?
Reply 13
Network all the way guys, use the network.....................
Reply 14
Akira_Shinoda
Speaking of downloading stuff....has anyone managed to connect to Ares [P2P file sharing software] in halls?

I hope not cos if so theyre risking the 25.00 they paid for hall network fees and theyll get kicked off...shotgun not fixing their computer!
:smile:

steely
Reply 15
What about online games, and unreal tournament or NFSu between rooms/halls etc?

Daniel
Reply 16
dhutch
What about online games, and unreal tournament or NFSu between rooms/halls etc?

Daniel

Counterstrike is played across network here, everyones gotta have the game.
iklemarc
Counterstrike is played across network here, everyones gotta have the game.

That's just SO typical of a guy.......

Reply 18
lol, yeh it is....its just one of those things

Latest

Trending

Trending