The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
1.Chemistry
2.Biology
3.Music
4.English Literature

Tbh I'm not even that sure, all I can be certain of is that Chemistry is definitely the most difficult :O
1. Law - near 300 cases to remember with details, let alone to mention acts of parliaments and the actual law itself...god help us law a level students.
2. History - fair amount of reading, but my favourite subject
3. English Language and Literature - standard course

A levels are hideous...
Reply 1982
Hardest to Easiest.

1. Biology
2. Chemistry
3. Maths
4. Spanish.
English Literature :banghead:
Physics :tongue:
Maths (Teacher talks alot):blah:
Business Studies:banana2: Too easy
hardest:
Philosophy&Ethics (RS)
Geography
Law
English Literature
chemistry
biology
maths
Reply 1986
hardest:
Chemistry :unimpressed:
Maths
Biology <3
Reply 1987
Hardest to easiest:

Spanish
Maths
Biology
Photography
At A2:
Further Maths (FP2-4 mainly)
Physics
Music Tech
Maths
General Studies

Though some bits of Music Tech are harder than some physics (it's hard to get an A* in the coursework) even though it's considered a soft subject. I mostly find normal maths quite easy though.

At AS:
Geography
Physics
Music Tech
Further Maths
Maths
General Studies
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by test_drive
At A2:
Further Maths (FP2-4 mainly)
Physics
Music Tech
Maths
General Studies

Though some bits of Music Tech are harder than some physics (it's hard to get an A* in the coursework) even though it's considered a soft subject. I mostly find normal maths quite easy though.

At AS:
Geography
Physics
Music Tech
Further Maths
Maths
General Studies

I would love those options :') unfortunately I decided to take chemistry instead of music though, and my school doesn't offer music tech :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I would love those options :') unfortunately I decided to take chemistry instead of music though, and my school doesn't offer music tech :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame. Music Tech is a lot of fun, I considered doing music but am probably not technically good enough (grade 5/6ish), but music tech it's a lot more focussed on the physics of sound and contemporary music which I think is more interesting, but it does carry a stigma of being a doss subject :/ Most people don't realise how laborious the 60 hours of coursework can be or realise that you actually need a high level of music theory knowledge in the exam (and to compose tbh).

I nearly took Chemistry rather than MT but am really glad I didn't now as MT is so good.
Biology - We're not friends.
Art- Didn't do it at GCSE so it's a big jump from doing Art for fun!
English Literature
History
English lang-lit
Law
sociology
From most difficult to easiest: (A2s)

Chemistry>Physics>Further Maths>Maths

If I was counting General Studies, would probably put in between Chemistry and Physics. Hate writing :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
hmm, having sat both as/a2 and re sitting chem5 phys5 core4..

1.Physics (aqa B) ITs a total bitch to answer a question right, know the stuff is alright but still toughest..
2.Chemistry
3.Maths (i really enjoy it, compared to the others there's just so little you have to remember, its all about understanding it kinda..)
4. Biology
5. Critical Thinking
EPQ
Maths (although stats is easy)
Psychology
Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1996
From easiest to hardest:

English lit
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Physics

But Biology is more difficult because there's so much work, the subject matter itself isn't very difficult to grasp.
My A2 subjects, in order of difficukty:
chemistry
french
biology
geography
home economics
sociology
general studies
Reply 1998
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Sociology
Original post by test_drive
That's a shame. Music Tech is a lot of fun, I considered doing music but am probably not technically good enough (grade 5/6ish), but music tech it's a lot more focussed on the physics of sound and contemporary music which I think is more interesting, but it does carry a stigma of being a doss subject :/ Most people don't realise how laborious the 60 hours of coursework can be or realise that you actually need a high level of music theory knowledge in the exam (and to compose tbh).

I nearly took Chemistry rather than MT but am really glad I didn't now as MT is so good.

Yeah composition was the main reason I didn't take music, although the performance/theory wouldn't bother me and I wish I had taken it now! And 60 hours- I hadn't realised it was that much :redface: Good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest