The Student Room Group
University of York
York
up north, near Leeds I think. I'm not good on that area of England, but it is quite far up
University of York
York
Yonder.
it's actually classed as Heslington, but where Heslington is in relation to York i have no idea...it's about 10mins away from York town centre on the bus
Reply 4
Heslington is just south of york. Dont worry if you dont know where york is.... I awaited being accepted before I bothered to check that one out lol

Edit: here's a handy map

The blue line goes from the main entrance (finance building) to lindley court, halifax. Which is pretty much 2 extreme ends of the uni (so you can see the size). If you press up then you can see where york city is (the road around the walls are pretty clear).

Press 'Satellite' and you can see our lovely lake lol.
Reply 5
how far away from london?
Reply 6
about two and a half hours on the train to get from york to london.
Reply 7
Jesus - it's longer from Shropshire, and that's closer!
Reply 8
Its longer from Norwich too, and thats 100 miles closer :smile:

From London you just need to get yourself on that motorway/dual carriageway (A1 is it?) and head north, 70 miles an hour don't take long to go 180 miles ...
it depends on whether you have to change or not, there's a direct train from London to York
Reply 10
Ah true, there's a change at Birmingham...but still!
Reply 11
Going across the country always takes longer. I can get from Cambridge to Newcastle a lot faster then I can to liverpool
The University of York is in this fabulous historical city of York

York as you may have guessed is in YORKshire and is exactly half way between Edinburgh and London. Some (ie Londeners) classify it as in the North east of England, but is about 80 miles south from Newcastle. It is 25 miles north East of Leeds, 40 miles north west of hull and 200 miles (ish) either way of Edinburgh and London.

Everyone should learn about York, and its history, roman emporers crowned there, Viking capital, roman capital of northern europe. Norman Stronghold, highly often the southern attack point of the English by the scots (result swung both ways). Has an archbishop of the church of England (ie one of the two head spiritual leaders of the Church of England so altering the veiws of england, uk and the empire for years), has a city in north america that respected the place so much that they renamed their city from New amsterdam to new york. It was the home of the house of York that insticated the first English civil war (commonly known as the war of the roses). It was home and invent house of the railways (Stevenson and hudson resided here). Its also home to NestleRowntree chocolate. I urge all of you. Fall in Love with this lovely city. You will regret leaving it. Start by looking at it on a map of the UK. If there was a geographical centre of Great Britain it would be somewhere just west of York, therefore York could be regarded as the middle of Britain.

I wish I was back in York, shame university only lasts 3 years.
Reply 13
its only a city...
oli4uk
its only a city...

And you're only a sad tosser who is constantly trying to grease up his loins via an internet forum.

Tossfiend.
Reply 15
Google York and you get 45 million results! I think only London beats that!
I can recommend this council Guide to York www.york360.co.uk
Reply 16
Wow, thread resurrection.
Reply 17
bloody hell some of u ppl are violent - n im a scouser
Half an hour from Leeds-on the train

Latest

Trending

Trending