The Student Room Group

A Level Choices Help?

Okay so I am beginning to finalise my A level choices but I would like your opinions because I'm sure many of you know more about A levels than me :colondollar:

My four choices will be...
Physics
Maths
English Lit
History

Because these are purely what I enjoy, but is it strange to choose this mixture of arts and sciences?

I really have no clue as to what career I will persue when I leave college.. but if I had to hazard a guess I would say something along the line of particle physics. I'm very interested in physics and this seems to be my latest passion.

However, (without sounding up myself :redface:) I am naturally good at englishy subjects.. hence english and history but lately I have begun to enjoy maths and science more.

So I guess after that long tangent the question I am trying to ask is..

what do you think of my subject choices? do they work?

p.s. I've checked respectable uni's requirements for particle physics courses and they only ask for physics and maths :biggrin:

Thanks x
I do History, English literature and Maths for A2 and did Psychology last year. I think the most important thing is the fact Physics and Maths compliment each other as do History and English so if you want to go down either route you are perfectly within reach. I know M, H and EL work together nicely and the constrast provides a welcome break from heavy maths or heavy essay subjects. I'm also a natural essay writer so am glad I did what I knew I would enjoy, and if you enjoy these subjects go for them as they aren't restricting.

Quick Reply

Latest