The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science Society Thread

Hello. Welcome to the Biomedical Society. This society is dedicated to Biomedical Science Students,Graduates and applicants.

Why not introduce yourself and share more in the group on this thread. This group although dedicated to Biomed Students is for people of related subjects and disciplines such as Biochemistry,Genetics etc....

So please make yourself at home. This is a moderated group meaning that unless you are invited you will have to wait for your join requests to be processed. Also post in the thread if you can notifying us of you request to join. Either way it doesnt matter but it is a helluva lot quicker

Have Fun

Jonathan

Scroll to see replies

i'm a biomed student :puppyeyes: final year where all the work is
Reply 2
Sure thing then Robinson. Lemme send you an invite and hop on board
ok :p: looks like its only me and you, these a few biomed abouts
Reply 4
Original post by robinson999
ok :p: looks like its only me and you, these a few biomed abouts

No. Theres Vanny17 too. If you know or come across any other Biomedical students or people thinking about it. Point them over to the group. Good thing you posted. Its reminded me to add you to the group. Send a request through please and I will be able to do it asap.

What are your plans after Biomedical Science?

Graduate medicine?
Original post by House of Jonny
No. Theres Vanny17 too. If you know or come across any other Biomedical students or people thinking about it. Point them over to the group. Good thing you posted. Its reminded me to add you to the group. Send a request through please and I will be able to do it asap.

What are your plans after Biomedical Science?

Graduate medicine?

done :hat2:

not a clue, i think i don't want to go into the lab side, its good work but seems very boring to me

i looked at med and well depending on results this year :p: i know a few people who have applied this year from my uni, i want the year out away from studying and earning
Reply 6
Original post by robinson999
done :hat2:

not a clue, i think i don't want to go into the lab side, its good work but seems very boring to me

i looked at med and well depending on results this year :p: i know a few people who have applied this year from my uni, i want the year out away from studying and earning

Nice one thanks.

I think you should go on for medicine. I hope to do medicine otherwise I may do Biomedical science then grad medicine. But its too expensive and competitive.

I hope you do well. Lab work seems boring too.
Original post by House of Jonny
Nice one thanks.

I think you should go on for medicine. I hope to do medicine otherwise I may do Biomedical science then grad medicine. But its too expensive and competitive.

I hope you do well. Lab work seems boring too.

its the money now, with fees going up anyway funding it will be next to impossible less your rich or have money from working, plus its so competitive its unreal

i hope as well :p: the same to you

lab work is ok, its just that lab work doing the same thing over and over again
Reply 8
Love to join.

My ucas application has only recently been submitted by my school. Now its the anxious wait . . . . I've had just the 2 acknowledgements and thats all!

Sigh
ive sent a request.

was going to approve myself but then realised my group modding perms dont reach that far :ninja:

Im 2nd year btw :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Request sent.. :smile:

I've applied to Biomed too.. Just waiting for response now. Two offers so far (Y)
I sent a request.

I've just done Biomed as a top-up student... and getting nowhere it seems :frown: I just finished getting IBMS registration in December and now I'm job-hunting. Feeling kind of hopeless... I got some work experience in a hospital Microbiology lab for October/November so at least it's something. Oh well, I'll have to see how I get on in the next few months as I really don't know where to go if I don't get some sort of a lab job... Curse the lack of training jobs!?

I may eventually be tempted by asbestos, even though I don't want to do it. Give it a few months and if I see a training position, then I might go for it!
I'm also applying for undergraduate biomed, I have all my replies and now have to choose a firm and insurance.

Any idea's how to join the society? :P
Reply 13
Original post by Eloades11
I'm also applying for undergraduate biomed, I have all my replies and now have to choose a firm and insurance.

Any idea's how to join the society? :P

I'd like to know too. I PM'd Jonathan and replied saying that I should request via this thread. Hopefully, someone in the know will reply.

You're so lucky, having all your offers already, who have you applied to and what are your offers?
Oh cool.
I'm a first year biomedical science student studying at QMUL.
My main interests lie in genetics, neuroscience and ethics.
It'd be nice to join. :biggrin:
Reply 15
I'm a biomedical science student at Shef Hallam XD
No idea what to say but hey other people and i'll watch this thread
I'm a first year biomed student at ucl. Hi! :biggrin:
Original post by Wailinza
I'd like to know too. I PM'd Jonathan and replied saying that I should request via this thread. Hopefully, someone in the know will reply.

You're so lucky, having all your offers already, who have you applied to and what are your offers?

Yep lets hope so, my UCAS stuff is in my sig, just need to decide on whether to make kings or warwick my firm :/
Original post by Eloades11
Yep lets hope so, my UCAS stuff is in my sig, just need to decide on whether to make kings or warwick my firm :/

I think warwicks course is accredited? If it is, that should be a deciding factor- cause biomedical at king's isn't :smile:
Original post by Waterstorm
I think warwicks course is accredited? If it is, that should be a deciding factor- cause biomedical at king's isn't :smile:

I'm not sure, warwick have the lower requirements and they seem the better university, I think I will end up making them my firm :smile:

Latest