The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robinson999
I dunno, not applied for one as of yet, ideally I want to know my results, seeing as I feel I could get anything between a 2.1 or a 3rd

see what happens after that, I would mind working, one of the few who maybe looking forward to working

the only thing at the moment to take me back to studying is medicine, see on the results :p:

Im looking forward to working too :smile:
Cant wait to finish uni.
At the end of my degree im going to apply for jobs and masters, whichever comes out first is what I shall do.
Original post by Jack7Richards
Im looking forward to working too :smile:
Cant wait to finish uni.
At the end of my degree im going to apply for jobs and masters, whichever comes out first is what I shall do.

I say that now, give it 6 months I'll miss student life :p:

its not long, I dunno about a master, couldn't even afford to fund it, so jobs it is I very much doubt I'll be working in a NHS lab
I dunno, not applied for one as of yet, ideally I want to know my results, seeing as I feel I could get anything between a 2.1 or a 3rd

see what happens after that, I would mind working, one of the few who maybe looking forward to working

the only thing at the moment to take me back to studying is medicine, see on the results :p:

Oh right okay, well good luck with that :smile:

I am assuming you are in your 3rd year ? I am at the end of second year, just going through the exam period now.

So have you dicided what area you want to work in ?

I am still not sure what I want to do after I graduate :s-smilie: I like some areas of haematology, but would consider going on to medicine but its highly competitive so :s-smilie:
Original post by Gamewizard
Oh right okay, well good luck with that :smile:

I am assuming you are in your 3rd year ? I am at the end of second year, just going through the exam period now.

So have you dicided what area you want to work in ?

I am still not sure what I want to do after I graduate :s-smilie: I like some areas of haematology, but would consider going on to medicine but its highly competitive so :s-smilie:

highly competitive is not the word:p:

I don't see myself working in a NHS lab, I dunno

see what will happen in a few weeks
I say that now, give it 6 months I'll miss student life :p:

its not long, I dunno about a master, couldn't even afford to fund it, so jobs it is I very much doubt I'll be working in a NHS lab

yeah funding would be a propblem, i was going to save some cash from placement (starting sept) in case I went on to a masters, but with the fee increases I doubt it will be enough.

Why don't you want to work in the NHS ? You can do a part time masters while you work :P
yeah funding would be a propblem, i was going to save some cash from placement (starting sept) in case I went on to a masters, but with the fee increases I doubt it will be enough.

Why don't you want to work in the NHS ? You can do a part time masters while you work :P

A NHS lab :p: wouldn't rule out NHS work

i dunno its not great pay for what they do, it can be pretty boring work in my view, after spending some time in NHS lab just don't think its for me
A NHS lab :p: wouldn't rule out NHS work

i dunno its not great pay for what they do, it can be pretty boring work in my view, after spending some time in NHS lab just don't think its for me

Ahh fair play! I may even end up in the same predicament after next year.
I looked at doing a masters at (UCL or Kings college - cant remember which) in biomedical science and drug discovery, sounded quite interesting.
Ahh fair play! I may even end up in the same predicament after next year.
I looked at doing a masters at (UCL or Kings college - cant remember which) in biomedical science and drug discovery, sounded quite interesting.

nice, i like the drug modules we have done here, even if they are confusing at time :p:

i really am waiting till i get results first

if i can't remember anything in revision god knows what will happen in the exam

Swish, I'll watch these once I have finished my prokaryotic transcription revision. ****ing operons.
Swish, I'll watch these once I have finished my prokaryotic transcription revision. ****ing operons.

Odd, I'm revising fungi and protozoans. Fungal genomics makes me want to stab myself with an inoculating loop.
Reply 151
hi guys! i'm a first year biomed student. so what sorta stuff goes on here? i might join :biggrin:
Haha! Don't diss genetics!! I lovvveee my genetics subjects! I want to do something with it after I graduate next year. It's such an up and coming topic right now, full of new discoveries!

I'm second year biomed at Kings btw! Hello!
Reply 153
Original post by stargirl63
Haha! Don't diss genetics!! I lovvveee my genetics subjects! I want to do something with it after I graduate next year. It's such an up and coming topic right now, full of new discoveries!

hey, sorry to say but i absoluuuutly haaaaaaate genetics. I don't enjoy it at all. i'm more of a microbiology/physiology person :biggrin:
Original post by stargirl63

I can stand genetics to a point. I much prefer biochem/micro.
Reply 155
Original post by badumdumtscht
I can stand genetics to a point. I much prefer biochem/micro.

i gota say, biochem is awful too imo. waaaaaay to much terminology. some parts are good, but i find others really boring.
Original post by ash92:)
i gota say, biochem is awful too imo. waaaaaay to much terminology. some parts are good, but i find others really boring.

I almost cried when they told us that glycolysis actually had 10 steps, not just 1 like in AS/Higher level.

:frown:
Reply 157
Original post by badumdumtscht
I almost cried when they told us that glycolysis actually had 10 steps, not just 1 like in AS/Higher level.

:frown:

hahahahaha! yeh, all of GCSE and A-level...was...A LIE! :lol:
haha, biochem isn't bad at all...I do really enjoy that side. For some reason, I found out early this year that I'm gifted in my metabolism module, even though the only reason I picked it is because it fit well into my timetable and I was one module short.

Genetttiiccsssss FTW!! lol I can't stand physiology!!

I'm trying to revise neuroscience right now, it's a bitch!
genetics :p: enough said fro that on me :p:

revision sucks

saying that i am trying to get my head round molecular mechanisms of disease, and some monoclonal antibodies how they can be used in diagnosis and treatment, sounds easy :p:

and than some drug design and human pharmacology thrown in

Latest

Trending

Trending