The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bonjela
Original post by ShowMeYourSpine
Not really no :tongue:

Not trying to sound macho or anything but it honestly didn't hurt much at all.

really, my mouth spots hurt wen i graze them againt my teeth, im gunna try pulling it off next time, haha c if im macho enough to tke the pain. x :smile:
Original post by Jarlsberg
I'm sure most of you will have experienced those nasty little things which appear on your tongue and I don't know if they have a specific name but to be simple I'll just call them tongue ulcers. At the moment I'm overcoming the cold and an abscess on one of my gums, and two of these little bastards have appeared at the tips of my tongue; certainly the last thing I need/want in this situation. I want to rip them off but I can't and I was hoping if anyone knew any ways to help get rid of them quickly, or at least make them less painful? Thanks

bonjela, difflam mouthwash, corsodyl mouthwash all help.
if you always keep getting them it may be worthwhile seeing a dentist, do you bite your tongue by any chance? you may get them because of trauma. there are other things that may predispose to ulcers- low iron, zinc etc
Reply 23
Yeah I've got heck of an ulcer on my Tongue and god damn it hurts. About ten minutes ago I braved the worst. I went downstairs and put raw salt on my ulcer. Now don't get me wrong this absolutely stung like he'll for 2 or so minutes. But I am now pain free until the morning :wink: try it for yourself
Reply 24
Original post by JoshSmith
Yeah I've got heck of an ulcer on my Tongue and god damn it hurts. About ten minutes ago I braved the worst. I went downstairs and put raw salt on my ulcer. Now don't get me wrong this absolutely stung like he'll for 2 or so minutes. But I am now pain free until the morning :wink: try it for yourself

Yeah the salt is a killer but effective. I tried rubbing Bon Jovi on mine, but it wasn't really practical.
No, Bonjela has alot of glicerine in and it is bad. Just lick your forehead
Reply 26
Any more ways what doesn't make me faint
I get mouth ulcers a lot and tongue ulcers are the worst and I've had ones take about a month to heal because of their location I would keep biting into them -_-
I've noticed creams with Bonjela aren't really good for ulcers at the best of times but they aren't good for tongue ulcers because of the tongue's location so it doesn't stick as easy and rubs off easy against your teeth.

The only thing I do is wait for it to pass. I brush my teeth and use a strong mouthwash like Listerine more often, say about 4 times a day instead of two. I avoid spicy or salty foods, especially crisps. You deserve a medal if you can endure eating crisps while having a mouth ulcer. I also avoid ibuprofen or any other NSAID as they are known to cause mouth ulcers. I've noticed sticking to a bland diet like soup and bread for a few days helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have literally just had a massive on of these gits on the tip of my tongue and I found that Bonjela from 16 years plus works a treat initially it will sting but only for about 10 or so seconds and then the pain of the ulser just vanishes. So this is great. 😊
Reply 29
I agree with lot of one its didn't hurt lot...
Salt works and burns a little bit but bonjela helps a lot
Thx I can fix my ulcer prob now
Squeeze lemon juice on to the ulcer and this may sting but it really helps and heals your ulcer. When my mom showed me this, I was so relieved that my ulcer had filly gone after 5 years!!!
Original post by Poophead2000
Thx I can fix my ulcer prob now
I want to know if it is harmful if bonjela is swallowed. Because I have a 3yrs old daughter who has been experiencing tongue ulcer.
Apparently salt works really quickly but personally I prefer bonjela or aloclair. 👍👍
Original post by adnangarba
I want to know if it is harmful if bonjela is swallowed. Because I have a 3yrs old daughter who has been experiencing tongue ulcer.

It shouldn't be as it is used as teething gel for babies. So a little accidentally swallowed should do anything major. 👍
Original post by CODKING
Yeah the salt is a killer but effective. I tried rubbing Bon Jovi on mine, but it wasn't really practical.

Yeah Bon Jovi seem like pretty cool guys but I don't know how they'd feel about that tbh...
Original post by Miss Mary
Been french kissing, haven't you? :P

I would say hes been Australian kissing more like.
OMG YES - I HAVE TRIPLETS ON MY TOUNGE - THINKING OF TWEEZERING ONE - PUTTING SALT ON ANOTHER - then leaving the other one
Original post by PBTimmeh
Strong salt and vinegar crisps. Burn the ****ers right off!

that must hurt

Latest