The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scherezade
You're a full member!? Any person willing to let go of money can't be iraqi, even if they use shakl mako lol

LOL I havent given no money for this
its to do with the no. posts made
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by potentialmedicalstudent
LOL I havent given no money for this
its to do with the no. posts made

i need to catch up la3ad...

so who is pushing you into the medicine? mama, baba or as usual both.
wa don't try to qashmur me with the 'i really like medicine and how fascinating the body is' talk. :wink:

arabs afraid of looking like losers? and here i thought the middle east has been looking stupid for decades....:biggrin:
on a lighter note, ahlan w sahlan!

lol, ahlen :smile:
Anyone heard this Iraqi saxophonist before?

Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Anyone heard this Iraqi saxophonist before?

Didn't he once do a solo piece for kathem?

Oh....a joke:
A iraqi sarsari was trying to teach his friend flirting/ghazal, so he told him watch me...the guy went up to the flower girl and said ' give me flowers you honey'. Sarsari told his friend to have a try....the friend goes to the milk seller and says 'give me milk you cow'. Hehehe
Trust me, its funnier in arabic...
Original post by Tzarchasm
We are busy members of normal society. We have no time to waste, especially spending that precious time on a 'forum'. So, go back to work so we can all become successful and move back to Iraq where we can show off our success to our carefully selected wives and husbands.

haha, true...

but you also forgot to tell aunts, uncles, cousins, get boasted about by parents to their friends, grandparents, second cousins, third cousins, second aunts and uncles etc. etc.

I swear my parents want me to be a doctor more so they can boast about it to their friends and family than cos I actually want to/its a good career
Didn't he once do a solo piece for kathem?

In an interview he said he worked with Kadhim, but perhaps you are thinking of this guy?

Reply 787
ooo, iraqi sax
Original post by Akeh
ooo, iraqi sax

I thought you said Iraqi sex. Such awful images... awful! :cry2:

Reply 789
In an interview he said he worked with Kadhim, but perhaps you are thinking of this guy?

Awesome. I have a soft spot for sax players, it's handsdown the coolest instrument
Another 27 killed by a suicide bomber today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12440175

I don't understand these Shia religious travellers. They go to Samarra, a staunchly Sunni town, and knowingly put their lives in danger. This has happened hundred upon hundreds of times, but they just don't seem to get phased by it.

Maybe they feel there is very little else to live for apart from religion. I feel bad for them.
Another 27 killed by a suicide bomber today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12440175

I don't understand these Shia religious travellers. They go to Samarra, a staunchly Sunni town, and knowingly put their lives in danger. This has happened hundred upon hundreds of times, but they just don't seem to get phased by it.

Maybe they feel there is very little else to live for apart from religion. I feel bad for them.

No, that second guy is unmistakable...i recognise him anywhere.

And as for the religious travellers, I guess their thinking is along the lines of....
'no electricity, no water, a poor education, and i'm too depressed to ask for change'.

therefore they seek solace in religion to forget the downside of their life.
No, that second guy is unmistakable...i recognise him anywhere.

And as for the religious travellers, I guess their thinking is along the lines of....
'no electricity, no water, a poor education, and i'm too depressed to ask for change'.

therefore they seek solace in religion to forget the downside of their life.

I think if religion helps them get through difficulties, it's a good thing (better than drugs and alcohol, I suppose), but what concerns me is when they go out of their way and put their lives in danger because of religion.

I mean, they don't have to visit these (EDIT specific) mosques, it's not obligatory. They have to do their 5 prayers and fast Ramadhan, etc, but this is just an optional thing and isn't even fundamental to their practices. Why put your life at risk, and worse, your childrens' lives at risk?
(edited 13 years ago)

I mean, they don't have to visit these mosques, it's not obligatory. They have to do their 5 prayers and fast Ramadhan, etc, but this is just an optional thing and isn't even fundamental to their practices. Why put your life at risk, and worse, your childrens' lives at risk?

But wouldnt it be nice, aswell as doing the fundamentals of faith, that they could go to the mosque, without the fear of being blown up.......surely those who seem to think it's fair to take their lives by dropping explosives, while they are trying to worship God, are the ones that need to re-evaluate their situation
Original post by potentialmedicalstudent
But wouldnt it be nice, aswell as doing the fundamentals of faith, that they could go to the mosque, without the fear of being blown up.......surely those who seem to think it's fair to take their lives by dropping explosives, while they are trying to worship God, are the ones that need to re-evaluate their situation

yes of course, but those people are completely brainwashed. They have been doing this for 8 years now. Their religion tells them that killing Shia (or other religious groups, or even Sunnis who they consider "apostates") will get them into heaven.

This incident was probably due to locals, but a lot of these lunatics are foreigners who come through established routes from across the Arab world, very much intent to murder. They come to Iraq not planning to return home. They are encouraged and funded by wealthy Arabs, especially Saudis.

The only thing Iraqis can do is keep clear of these hotspots until (if ever) it is safe to go there.

Ive some times wondered if it would be possible to move the body of the Imams buried there to Najaf or Karbala, but I think that would be considered too serious a violation of sanctity. If the mosque gets blown up again, maybe they will consider it.
The double-standards that occupies the Middle-East is repulsive. Hosni Mubarak is barely a dictator, however, he is despised throughout the Middle-East for actions that go against human rights and his obvious relations with the West/Israel. And what's so brilliant about these people is that they love Saddam Hussein to bits because he opposed the American and Western 'pigs', yet they completely forget he murdered and slaughtered, either directly or indirectly, millions of his own people.
I thought you said Iraqi sex. Such awful images... awful! :cry2:

OH THAT VIDEO IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

... and what is up with Iraqis back home getting all romantic?!! 3 Iraqi people in my facebook (I only have 3 in Iraq!) sent me mushy things... and a Kathem el Sahir song. Valenteezi. Romantic Iraqis? Nahna nakseen. :colonhash:
The double-standards that occupies the Middle-East is repulsive. Hosni Mubarak is barely a dictator, however, he is despised throughout the Middle-East for actions that go against human rights and his obvious relations with the West/Israel. And what's so brilliant about these people is that they love Saddam Hussein to bits because he opposed the American and Western 'pigs', yet they completely forget he murdered and slaughtered, either directly or indirectly, millions of his own people.

I agree. But what is interesting, is that the photos that once irked them (Saddam hanged etc), suddenly became their favourite... :s-smilie:

kalam theheb.

But the foreigners are unimportant, right now I'd like to see the corrupt minsters hanging from lamp posts and beaten with sticks until the stolen money comes spewing out from their fat bellies. Especially the khara of the Sadrists and SCIRI. Lying, thieving, two-faced bastards. :angry:
Protests in Bahrain.... coward police.

Kol thalim ygila yom.

Quick Reply

Latest