The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scherezade
rendi mont? you never did finish your story! lol :biggrin:

you have gheer weird names tara :colone:

Hahah yeah adree...... actually 'arbissah' is derived from my full name.. ma7agullich shlon :biggrin:

as for the restaurants, i was kinda shocked when i first came here, its not the iraqi restaurants that are split, its the kurdish ones. And the kurdish restaurants are usually the ones with the large plasma and sports channel, whereas the other iraqi restaurants are usually overpriced and full of furniture :s-smilie:

Hmm strange.. yalla meykhalif no need for girls when watching football matches anyway! :biggrin:

so you ended up at a random uni, hated it and transferred to a uni that you wanted? Good luck anyway, hope this year gets a lot better inshallah. (did u have to transfer back to year 1 again?)

Yeah thats pretty much it... thanks! .. inshallah it will be a lot better. Nah I got to transfer straight to year 2 thankfully :smile: .. my place isnt 100% confirmed yet but thats another story :biggrin: .. hopefully it'll work out and will all be solved in the next couple of days, supposed to be moving in on the 17th. :biggrin:
Original post by arbissah
Hahah yeah adree...... actually 'arbissah' is derived from my full name.. ma7agullich shlon :biggrin:

Hmm strange.. yalla meykhalif no need for girls when watching football matches anyway! :biggrin:

Yeah thats pretty much it... thanks! .. inshallah it will be a lot better. Nah I got to transfer straight to year 2 thankfully :smile: .. my place isnt 100% confirmed yet but thats another story :biggrin: .. hopefully it'll work out and will all be solved in the next couple of days, supposed to be moving in on the 17th. :biggrin:

matgool? barbissah? darbissah? :colone: i prefer harbisha actually...

it is strange right? they're always split into a 'family' section and a male section. Its unfair the plasma and all the good stuff is in the male section. I sit at home and watch on the laptop. :colonhash: mako a7la min hay il ga3da.

eeeeeeeehhh your place isn't confirmed?!! you're taking a risk, bas inshallah ibkheer. Yalla go learn how to cook in 5 days, otherwise you're going to starve :biggrin:

I thought Rendi mont was a 40+ year old man?! :eek:
matgool? barbissah? darbissah? :colone: i prefer harbisha actually...

Lich laaaa moo heech... first name last name cut them into half flip them around and stick them together..... I've said too much! :biggrin:

it is strange right? they're always split into a 'family' section and a male section. Its unfair the plasma and all the good stuff is in the male section. I sit at home and watch on the laptop. :colonhash: mako a7la min hay il ga3da.

Yeah I can't stand watching NT matches online on the laptop though.. I need it on a TV screen and other people with me too.. I guess I'll join the shabab in the male section ;p

eeeeeeeehhh your place isn't confirmed?!! you're taking a risk, bas inshallah ibkheer. Yalla go learn how to cook in 5 days, otherwise you're going to starve :biggrin:

Yaaaa I know it IS very risky :s-smilie:.. hoping for the best though! About the food moo mushkila my female flatmates will be cooking for me :biggrin: ..

Original post by Tzarchasm

Haha whaaaaaaaaaaaaat.. thats crazy! You must be thinking of someone else..
(edited 12 years ago)
:eek:

You still haven't told me if syriac orthodox is the Church of the East? I know there's only 2 in London. Either way, we're family, our communities often split rather than unite over the name matter etc. :smile:

Lich laaaa moo heech... first name last name cut them into half flip them around and stick them together..... I've said too much! :biggrin:

i got confused. me english no good enogh :colone: nice name anyways lol

Yeah I can't stand watching NT matches online on the laptop though.. I need it on a TV screen and other people with me too.. I guess I'll join the shabab in the male section ;p

lak bilgowa itdoos ibatnee. :colonhash:
i'll be the creepy person looking in through the window then...:sexface:

Yaaaa I know it IS very risky :s-smilie:.. hoping for the best though! About the food moo mushkila my female flatmates will be cooking for me :biggrin: ..

Allah yi3eenhum 3leek lol
sooo iraqi of u! where is the feminism police? :biggrin:
i got confused. me english no good enogh :colone: nice name anyways lol

Haha thankssss

lak bilgowa itdoos ibatnee. :colonhash:
i'll be the creepy person looking in through the window then...:sexface:

Hahahahaha and I'll be the one to point you out to the Kurdish owner who'll come out and tell you to shu :biggrin:

Allah yi3eenhum 3leek lol
sooo iraqi of u! where is the feminism police? :biggrin:

Haha trueee very Iraqi... I must '7afidh' 3ala my culture and 'ta8aleed' and not lose them in the 'west' ... :biggrin: When they're not at lectures or doing coursework/revision they'll be in the kitchen making us lads sandwiches :biggrin: ... police makoooooo
Haha thankssss

Hahahahaha and I'll be the one to point you out to the Kurdish owner who'll come out and tell you to shu :biggrin:

well i prefer watching the games on my laptop where the definition is really bad and the connection is really slow :bawling: but they wouldn't shu me if i buy everything on the menu from them :colone:

Haha trueee very Iraqi... I must '7afidh' 3ala my culture and 'ta8aleed' and not lose them in the 'west' ... :biggrin: When they're not at lectures or doing coursework/revision they'll be in the kitchen making us lads sandwiches :biggrin: ... police makoooooo

shda3wa itbee3 ib raasi ta8aleed and culture hahaha :biggrin:
i swear you'll end up making sandwiches for them :hubba:

but more importantly, tell us how university study is like, is it like alevels, or different? someone told me its like college, but i have no idea how college is like :confused: good luck on moving :smile:
You still haven't told me if syriac orthodox is the Church of the East? I know there's only 2 in London. Either way, we're family, our communities often split rather than unite over the name matter etc. :smile:

Sorry! I get distracted so easily. :colondollar:

The Syriac Orthodox Church is not the same as the Church of the East.

You're part of the Assyrian Church of the East?
Reply 1188
I'm Iraqi...hey! :smile:

X
Sorry! I get distracted so easily. :colondollar:

The Syriac Orthodox Church is not the same as the Church of the East.

You're part of the Assyrian Church of the East?

hahaha you're forgiven my son. :biggrin:

well kind of Assyrian Church of the East, apart from ours is the 'Ancient Assyrian Church of the East' which has its base only in Baghdad, they're practically the same though, apart from the head of one is in Chicago, and the other is in Baghdad.

what's the difference with the syriac orthodox? 2 years ago I visited Bab Toma in Syria, as kind of a mini pilgrimage, are you from that church? You should def. go see it one day inshallah, its v. amazing. (you do your services in Aramai like us right?)

Original post by twinkl3

X

hi! how r u etc :biggrin: help urself to some virtual dolma lol
Original post by twinkl3

X

Ahlan wa sahlan.

hahaha you're forgiven my son. :biggrin:

well kind of Assyrian Church of the East, apart from ours is the 'Ancient Assyrian Church of the East' which has its base only in Baghdad, they're practically the same though, apart from the head of one is in Chicago, and the other is in Baghdad.

what's the difference with the syriac orthodox? 2 years ago I visited Bab Toma in Syria, as kind of a mini pilgrimage, are you from that church? You should def. go see it one day inshallah, its v. amazing. (you do your services in Aramai like us right?)

I shouldn't really source from Wikipedia but apparently it's: "The Assyrian Church of the East is sometimes incorrectly described as an Oriental Orthodox church (whereas the Syriac Orthodox church is described as an Oriental Orthodox church), though its origins lie in disputes that predated the Council of Chalcedon and it follows a different Christology from Oriental Orthodoxy. The historical Church of the East was the church of Persia, and declared itself separate from the state church of the Roman Empire in 424 27 years before Chalcedon. Theologically, the Church of the East was affiliated with the dyophysite doctrine of Nestorianism, and thus rejected the First Council of Ephesus, which declared Nestorianism heretical in 431. The Christology of the Oriental Orthodox churches in fact developed as a reaction to Nestorian Christology, which emphasizes the distinctness of the human and divine natures of Christ."

It could be completely wrong though.

I don't think I'm from that church. I shall see; I'll list it as a possibility for my gap year activities. PM the whereabouts of your church in London, I wouldn't mind visiting. We may even bump into each other accidentally. Maybe your mum might even add me on her wish list and we can get married and have babies named Eve, Ava and Hugo.

P.S: ignore the last part.
(edited 12 years ago)

I shouldn't really source from Wikipedia but apparently it's: "The Assyrian Church of the East is sometimes incorrectly described as an Oriental Orthodox church (whereas the Syriac Orthodox church is described as an Oriental Orthodox church), though its origins lie in disputes that predated the Council of Chalcedon and it follows a different Christology from Oriental Orthodoxy. The historical Church of the East was the church of Persia, and declared itself separate from the state church of the Roman Empire in 424 27 years before Chalcedon. Theologically, the Church of the East was affiliated with the dyophysite doctrine of Nestorianism, and thus rejected the First Council of Ephesus, which declared Nestorianism heretical in 431. The Christology of the Oriental Orthodox churches in fact developed as a reaction to Nestorian Christology, which emphasizes the distinctness of the human and divine natures of Christ."

It could be completely wrong though.

I don't think I'm from that church. I shall see; I'll list it as a possibility for my gap year activities. PM the whereabouts of your church in London, I wouldn't mind visiting. We may even bump into each other accidentally. Maybe your mum might even add me on her wish list and we can get married and have babies named Eve, Ava and Hugo.

P.S: ignore the last part.

How many times a day do you pray out of interest? (or are you supposed to pray should i say), for us its 5 times. :smile:

I really dislike the name Hugo. I really like Ava though :colone:

Ibseteen alif dahya. Howa and his boyfriend Jad Choueiri.... :colonhash:

HIIII RENDI!!! :dance:
Original post by Sushidelight
Ibseteen alif dahya. Howa and his boyfriend Jad Choueiri.... :colonhash:

HIIII RENDI!!! :dance:

Hahaha Sushi stop talking gibberish! Fix your arabic!! What on earth is 'ibseteen alif dahya' ??? ;p

AND HELLOOOOOOOOO :biggrin:

Akkkkhhhhhhhhhhh Jado.. please dont mention his name... akhhhh leish farigitny.. shinoo hal ghaiba leish tirekitny oo ri7it leishhhhh *Iraqi mawal*
Al Iraqi has been quiet and so has this thread. Something is up! :colonhash:
Al Iraqi has been quiet and so has this thread. Something is up! :colonhash:

really most members on al-iraqi and on here are actually me in disguise
:ninja:

no but seriously, the year has just began, and i feel sooo tired.
Shoot Me Now.....:gunfire:

ah an arabs first reaction to anything, bring out the guns :P

anyone know of a uni with a particularly strong iraqi soc? (or reworded...places with free iraqi food - dolma :drool:)
Original post by aljabiraa

anyone know of a uni with a particularly strong iraqi soc? (or reworded...places with free iraqi food - dolma :drool:)

I believe Imperial has a very strong Iraqi society.

Now I understand your name! It's the Persian queen who told the story of 'One Thousand and One Nights'.
Original post by aljabiraa

ahahahahah!!!! even old arab women are into the ak47 action lol.
well...iraqi socs...
Imperial
Kings
UCL
LSOP
Kingston
Manchester
Birmingham

anywhere there's shisha's and dolma, you'll find plenty :P

I believe Imperial has a very strong Iraqi society.

Now I understand your name! It's the Persian queen who told the story of 'One Thousand and One Nights'.

hahahaha no way did it take you this long! I guess you must hate google. And well i like stories and books soo....Plus I always got told she was Assyrian not persian :P
Let me guess what your name is...Sarcasm but russian? :biggrin:
ahahahahah!!!! even old arab women are into the ak47 action lol.
well...iraqi socs...
Imperial
Kings
UCL
LSOP
Kingston
Manchester
Birmingham

anywhere there's shisha's and dolma, you'll find plenty :P

hahahaha no way did it take you this long! I guess you must hate google. And well i like stories and books soo....Plus I always got told she was Assyrian not persian :P
Let me guess what your name is...Sarcasm but russian? :biggrin:

I love googling! :P

I had absolutely no idea who Scheherazade was, so I decided to do some procrastination and now I know. :colone: Apparently she's Persian according to Wiki.

I have absolutely no idea what my name is supposed to mean; I have had it for years. Two meanings I suppose: Tzar = a Russian emperor/or just a emperor/monarchy and Chasm = a difference between people, may it be feelings, believes, etc,.

Or yes, you could say that Tzarchasm = a pathetic attempt at being funny and thus trying to combine Russian + sarcasm.

Quick Reply

Latest