The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hogwartz
Isn't 'qeema' mince meat?

marhabab guys mahabab!!!
Who wants some qeema rolls the majafi version :cool:?

haaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha
Reply 1381
Original post by splendidsun
Never quite understood foods like fasanjoon; I mean what is the Iraqi obsession with trying to get that incompatible combination of sweet and salty; raisins in rise, fasanjoon on rise, turshana on rice...to list but a few

Maqlooba on the other hand...wouldn't say no to that :wink:

What part of Baghdad are you from?

Shudder at those foods
Im from Najaf but born in Baghdad
Lived in 7ay al quthat (with moms parents who also have a house in 3arasat) before moving to London
and you?
Original post by y-y
Shudder at those foods
Im from Najaf but born in Baghdad
Lived in 7ay al quthat (with moms parents who also have a house in 3arasat) before moving to London
and you?

Born in London (:/) and from Baghdad

Definitely gonna make some time for a visit this year though (maybe Karbala or Najaf haha)

What/where/are you studying?
Reply 1383
Born in London (:/) and from Baghdad

Definitely gonna make some time for a visit this year though (maybe Karbala or Najaf haha)

What/where/are you studying?

I really wanna go there this summer
If I go Amman I wanna go from there into Iraq

A-levels, in year 13
You?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by y-y
I really wanna go there this summer
If i go amman i wanna go from there into Iraq

A-levels, in year 13
you?

Also year 13, what are you applying for? Apart from the scorching heat, reckon it'll be great :cool:
Reply 1385
Also year 13, what are you applying for? Apart from the scorching heat, reckon it'll be great :cool:

Applied for law
you?
I love the heat
Original post by y-y
Applied for law
you?
I love the heat

Nice
Pharmacy this year, dentistry next year, if you get the flow.....yh I'm pretty much up for anything that's not British weather eugh
Reply 1387
Nice
Pharmacy this year, dentistry next year, if you get the flow.....yh I'm pretty much up for anything that's not British weather eugh

wait i dont get it? how many courses are you doing?
Original post by y-y
wait i dont get it? how many courses are you doing?

This year I've applied for pharmacy and if I get AAA, hello dentistry
Reply 1389
This year I've applied for pharmacy and if I get AAA, hello dentistry

sso through clearing or what?
Original post by y-y
sso through clearing or what?

Noooo, I'll apply for dentistry next year, take a gap year nd that jazz. Dunno pharmacys a bit :/

Have u heard back from any unis?
Reply 1391
Noooo, I'll apply for dentistry next year, take a gap year nd that jazz. Dunno pharmacys a bit :/

Have u heard back from any unis?

Yeah 3 offers from my top 3 choices
Original post by y-y
Yeah 3 offers from my top 3 choices

Helle!...Mabroooook, wouldn't get too happy though, the difficult parts yet to come a hahahha

What are they they haha
Reply 1393
Helle!...Mabroooook, wouldn't get too happy though, the difficult parts yet to come a hahahha

What are they they haha

Allah ybariklich
I know!
Like at first, I wanna get UCAS over with, then, it's like "will I get offers?", now, it's like, "will I get grades?"
LOL
SOAS
City
Brunel
Original post by y-y
Allah ybariklich
I know!
Like at first, I wanna get UCAS over with, then, it's like "will I get offers?", now, it's like, "will I get grades?"
LOL
SOAS
City
Brunel

The systems a pain in the bs, there's no certainty whatsoever for courses like dentistry/medicine

Dont know much about law schools but I know SOAS is Definitely up there with the top, so a pretty good incentive to getting those A's
Reply 1395
The systems a pain in the bs, there's no certainty whatsoever for courses like dentistry/medicine

Dont know much about law schools but I know SOAS is Definitely up there with the top, so a pretty good incentive to getting those A's

Yeah I know
Need to work my butt off
Sad times ahead
Original post by y-y
Yeah I know
Need to work my butt off
Sad times ahead

Truuuuuue but Security in the long term is worth losing a couple of hours of sleep in the short term, theyre only A levelsss ahahaha finding them surprisingly eaaasy
Reply 1397
Truuuuuue but Security in the long term is worth losing a couple of hours of sleep in the short term, theyre only A levelsss ahahaha finding them surprisingly eaaasy

Me too!
Weird huh? :P
Original post by y-y
Me too!
Weird huh? :P

Subjects?
Reply 1399
Subjects?

RE, Eng Lit, Media Studies
you?

Quick Reply