The Student Room Group

Graphic Design 2011 Uni Options Help

I know that this has been done countless times but if anyone could help that would be amazing. Im currently doing an art foundation diploma and i have 400 ucas pts.

Basically these are my options to study graphic design this year in no particular order:

NOTTINGHAM TRENT

LOUGHBOROUGH

CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS

HUDDERSFIELD

LEEDS COLLEGE OF ART

I'm mainly looking at unis that are good and have good graduate prospects..so any suggestions would be great help.

Thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
You chose what unis you want to study already, so what are you actually asking us :s-smilie:
Reply 2
these are my first options not set in stone yet.. i want to know if they are good ones
Reply 3
well if it makes you feel better i'm in a similar situation, i've also picked nottingham trent, and leeds college of art, birmingham city, falmouth, and sheffield hallam. i live near loughborough and it's a dull town, also the course is very much about your drawing skills whereas my drawing skills aren't as good as my computer skills. but thats my choices so far and about all i know of the other uni's you've chosen.
Reply 4
NOTTINGHAM TRENT-arguably the best graphic design university outside london, pretty competitive and they looked awesome on ucas fairs

LOUGHBOROUGH-i don't know to be honest but never heard something bad about it or great so i would say ok/good

CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS: I am sure u already knw :biggrin:

HUDDERSFIELD:redface:key

LEEDS COLLEGE OF ART:good but not excellent (but it could be excellent in ur eyes)
Falmouth, Brighton, Kingston, Ravensbourne

my original choices were
falmouth
brighton
chelsea
uwic
glamorgan

but i've recently been told i'm too **** for most of these so i have to make a quick decision about choices and choose some other not good ones to replace brighton and chelsea xD
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by DesignFreak

my original choices were
falmouth
brighton
chelsea
uwic
glamorgan

but i've recently been told i'm too **** for most of these so i have to make a quick decision about choices and choose some other not good ones to replace brighton and chelsea xD

i would replace chelsea or brighton not both if you want to be less risky because art is subjective tutors might see something your teachers didnt and if u work hard you have a chance.
Original post by DesignFreak

my original choices were
falmouth
brighton
chelsea
uwic
glamorgan

Thats insane though, you've got some really good work in your portfolio!

Quick Reply

Latest