The Student Room Group

Which Subjects should i take for A levels

As a computer science student I don’t know which other subjects should i take for a level aside computer science and I don’t really wanna take maths as one of the subjects
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
What are you interested in? Is there an option of computer science diploma or something similar you can research into? Your a level choices are very dependant on what you enjoy- it may be worth considering what aspects of computer science to enjoy and then seeing if that applies to any other subjects
Reply 2
Original post by Jessemxly
What are you interested in? Is there an option of computer science diploma or something similar you can research into? Your a level choices are very dependant on what you enjoy- it may be worth considering what aspects of computer science to enjoy and then seeing if that applies to any other subjects

Well I really want to go into animation or graphic designing. Web development is also one of the options
Reply 3
Original post by Alvina9
Well I really want to go into animation or graphic designing. Web development is also one of the options

Creative Media might be a good choice!! It's pretty simple and relatively entertaining. It'll help with graphic design
Reply 4
Original post by Alvina9
As a computer science student I don’t know which other subjects should i take for a level aside computer science and I don’t really wanna take maths as one of the subjects

You should then keep physics, chemistry, business studies and English including computer science. I’m currently doing that but I also have maths.
Original post by Alvina9

Well, at degree level CS normally requires A-level Maths. This is because computer science as a field is necessarily mathematical.

If that's not what you're aiming for though then just take whatever interests you most and follow those interests :smile:
Reply 6
Would art or graphic design be options?

What grade do you expect at gcse maths?

Quick Reply

Latest