The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Never see these anymore...

And I think I've posted this about a trazillion times in this thread but I need everyone to relive the pain as I do, EVERY DAY, of not getting my fix of:

Burton's Cartoonies... Oh God, I remember walking around Finefare (showing my age here) with Gran and Gramps, running ahead, grabbing the multipack of these whilst they were still getting the trolley, diving back and getting a wee packet of these opened to eat whilst we were shopping. yeah, THAT desperate for my fix!

Thankfully there's a similar product (not as blissful, but eases the pain) you can get from asian supermarkets named "Lotte Kancho":

Which most people don't know about. Most people buy "Hello Panda",

but "Lotte Kancho" are FAR closer to Cartoonies...
Original post by aarora
Who remembers BN biscuits??

I loved them.
I also remember those big round shaped yoghurts with a little toy in the middle- i cant remember what they were called.
And i loved dream bars- i dont think they sell those anymore either.
Original post by Emma:-)
I loved them.
I also remember those big round shaped yoghurts with a little toy in the middle- i cant remember what they were called.
And i loved dream bars- i dont think they sell those anymore either.

Frufoo from Onken - they've also been a popular suggestion in this thread!
Original post by about_my_bow
Anyone else remember getting ice cream in Pingu heads? They're never in restaurants anymore :frown:

Id forgot about those. I loved them. They were amazing. I used to collect the heads that the ice cream came in. They should definitely bring those back.
Reply 386
Original post by luciet2009

And definately spearmint polos! <3

SO MANY NICE THINGS!

I used to buy a Zap from this shop every day after school :frown:

I used to obsessively buy Bertie Botts Beans whenever my mum went to Iceland, loved them until I ended up with the chilli one :frown:

I still see spearmint polos, was offered one today actually :smile:

I miss Milky Way Milkshakes :frown: Used to buy them whilst was on holiday...in Wales I think...never saw them after that. Best milkshake i've ever tasted.

Oh yeah, I remember the harry potter stuff! I had one of the chocolate frog's. I also had some wonka's purple chocolate once. :yucky:
I'm sure you could buy individual penguins and wagon wheels,

I wish you could buy them without having to buy 12!!
Reply 389
crunch corner mississippi mud pie!
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
There were rolos which had biscuit bits in them. Mmmm.

is that not just munchies???
Original post by k.andy
It is sold still, but unfortunately not in this country. But this is my favourite:

YES,YES,YES!
these things are ah-mazing! shame they dont have then here....
Reply 392
hubba bubba bubble gum tape
Reply 393
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Never see these anymore...

You can still get it in cinemas.
Reply 394
Original post by Rachel08
tomato ketchup flavoured crisps. these are amazing, never find them in England, but they have them in Scotland so they're a holiday treat! BNs were amazin

i am tottaly with you on this one.
Original post by No Man
You can still get it in cinemas.

No freaking way! I guess this is a sign that I don't go out much... :tongue:
Reply 396
Nestle had this chocolate bar a good 5 or 6 years ago now

My dad used to buy me them on Sundays :frown: I'm sure they've been reincarnated as something else but I'm not sure what.
Wonka bars were effin deeeeeeeelicious! :ashamed2:
Reply 398
Those crisps called Puffs...

melt in the mouth - has this been said
Do they still do mini polos. They used to be tiny and would come in a big plastic polo container. They were so cool!

Latest